Council Tax Assessment Officer - Barnsley
|Job Title:||Council Tax Assessment Officer - Barnsley|
|Contact Name:||Megan Eastop-Stanley|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
Council Tax Assessment Officer – Barnsley
Salary: £ 14.13 Per Hour Umbrella
Full Time: Monday to Friday – 09:00am to 17:00pm
To Provide support to the operational/ Corporate finance division across a range of functions including Payroll & Pensions, Transactional Finance, Accounts Payable, Social Care Financial Administration, Corporate Income & Debt Collection, Housing Benefits & Council Tax/ Business Rates administration, providing excellent customer service and high quality, accurate financial support to internal and external customers.
- Assist in providing financial services support across a wide range of functions – pay, payments and reconciliation, covering payroll, employee admin, pensions, traded services, payment processing, financial assessments, compliance management, VAT returns, BACS processing, bank reconciliation, income collections, debt recovery, housing benefits, council tax and business rates.
- Navigation of and inputting inro the company’s financial management system to undertake financial administration including payments, transactional processing and reconciliations, processing reliefs discounts and appeals and maintain the integrity of master data.
- Proactively challenge the legitimacy of data and undertake systematic checks ensuring that data loads and interfaces from source systems are effective and robust.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of queries and complaints, ensuring a customer focussed service, keeping them informed of progress and actions.
- Input, check and maintain accurate records using corporate electronic systems and spreadsheets, ensuring information is stored appropriately and confidentially.
- Administer financial services documentation and correspondence and assist in the delivery of performance linked to corporate objectives and development of actions to deal with expectations.
- Undertake telephone duties, in accordance with our client’s wider customer experience strategy principles and standards of professional conduct. This will include providing information and guidance in respect of other service areas of the company.
- Contribute to business process re-engineering improvements across all functional areas to drive forward efficiencies by continuously reviewing working practices, making suggestions for improvements to enable continued development and improved performance.
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer and service queries and requests, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees and members of the public, ensuring information and communication links are maintained.
- Maintain awareness of policies and procedures which impact on how the service is delivered.
- Liaise with services across the Authority, ensuring awareness of cross service interdependencies and effective collaborative working.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Information and Assessment Officer - Hackney
Salary: £18.76 - 18.76 per hour
Acquisitions Officer - Ilford
Salary: £12.92 - 12.92 per hour
Technical Support Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £13.39 - 13.39 per hour
Customer Services Officer
Salary: £13 per hour
Customer Service Officer - Nottinghamshire
Salary: Market related