Debt Recovery Assistant - Derby
|Job Title:||Debt Recovery Assistant - Derby|
|Salary:||£12.37 - 12.37 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Debt Recovery Assistant – Derby (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £12.37ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Provide assistance in the invoicing, administration, collection, recovery or write-off of Sundry Debts in Adult Social Care (Residential Care Services).
- Maintain and update computer and manual records and systems in line with policy, procedures, instructions and standards.
- Personally deal with internal and external customer enquiries and correspondence regarding Sundry Debts, ensuring that a consistently high quality of service is delivered.
- Carry out duties associated with the enforcement of sundry debts and in the absence of the Finance Officer(s) undertake duties to ensure continuation of action.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Section’s debt recovery policy and contribute towards ensuring that the Section’s procedure manuals are accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- Participate in the initial induction, training and guidance of new employees and support staff allocated from time to time
- Participate in the introduction, maintenance and development of new systems, including computer based, aimed at securing improvements in service delivery.
- Participate in the review of procedures, systems and processes as requested.
- Comply with the Council’s standing orders, financial regulations and departmental instructions.
- Comply with the Health and Safety regulations.
- Comply with the Council’s policies on Equalities and Environmental issues.
- Participate in the Great Performance Conversation Scheme.
- Auditing the entirety of residential debt, identifying categories and a targeted approach to maintain a schedule of recovery of monies
- Payment allocation & reconciliation
- Direct Debit administration and promotion to support payment of charges
- Invoices and reminder notices reconciliation and despatch
- Set up and monitor instalment plans, ensure follow up action taken for defaulters
- Continually review overdue accounts & take appropriate debt recovery action including traces
- Liaison with Debt Collection agencies & Legal services
- Liaison with appointees or people acting in capacity of attorneys
- Undertaking of Probate Searches and Estate Searches
- Assist with the enforcement of debts
- Process write-offs and debts pending write-off
- Participate in the preparation of month-end performance reports
- Addressing overpaid care home fees, including reconciliation with continuing customer fees
- Pursuing deferred payment agreements to secure the Council’s interests in customer property, and keeping associated records up-to-date
- Support the recovery of Continuing Health Care funding with NHS partners
- Checking that regular benefit payments are being received in respect of cases where the Council is Corporate Appointee
- Ensuring that GDPR is followed.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Personal Assistant - Wirral
Salary: £15.04 - 15.04 per hour
Administrative Assistant - Dorset
Salary: Market related
Admin Assistant - Orpington
Salary: £12.48 - 12.48 per hour
Administrative Assistant - Bristol
Salary: Market related
Service Support Assistant - Leicestershire
Salary: £14.83 - 14.83 per hour
Payments and Care Charging Manager - Hackney
Salary: £350 per day
Benefits Assessor - Esher
Salary: £26.17 - 26.17 per hour
Customer Support Advisor - Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £17.27 - 17.27 per hour
Independent Living Brokerage and Support Officer
Salary: £14.17 - 14.17 per hour
Business Support Programme Co-ordinator - Solihull
Salary: £17.53 - 20.47 per hour
Sales & Services Officer - Sutton
Salary: £17.39 - 17.39 per hour
Project Support Officer - Exeter
Salary: £247.12 - 247.12 per day