Financial Accountant - Tower Hamlets
|Job Title:||Financial Accountant - Tower Hamlets|
|Salary:||£25.05 - 25.05 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Financial Accountant – Tower Hamlets (Temp Vacancy)
Pay Rate: £25.05ph
Full-Time (35 hours)
Responsible for the Financial accounts of THH. This includes the preparation of the statutory accounts, administration of financial systems and VAT and Companies House returns. Liaison with internal and external audit including the maintenance of a record of the implementation of recommendations.
- To personally ensure that financial statutory corporate responsibilities are properly undertaken especially with regards to financial accounts, VAT and Companies House returns.
- To manage the Accounts Payable process to ensure payments due are made accurately and on time. To manage the company’s treasury management, produce cash-flow forecasting.
- To undertake key reconciliations such as the bank account, payroll and VAT on a monthly basis and ensure they are documented accordingly for formal approval by the Finance Manager and Head of Finance.
- To ensure that Financial Regulations and Standing Orders are adhered to in relation to all tasks carried out.
- To provide training to the staff within Tower Hamlets Homes in Financial Regulations and procedures.
- To manage the annual closing of accounts process, set the closing timetable and liaise with colleagues across the Finance team and more widely to ensure that the accounts are closed accurately and to time.
- To assist LBTH colleagues in the closing of accounts process by ensuring that accurate working papers are prepared in a timely basis for all delegated budgets, in particular managing the inter-company position.
- To be the lead contact for external audit in the annual accounts process, and maintain a record of recommendations made and their implementation dates.
- To be the day to day contact with internal audit, to monitor delivery of the annual audit plan, and to maintain a record of agreed recommendations and their implementation date along with the necessary supporting evidence.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the THH financial accounting systems
- To support the across the finance team as directed by the Finance Manager.
- To effectively manage and develop staff supporting this role
- To write complex analytical reports for Divisional Management Teams, EMT, Finance and Audit Committee and the Board and present those reports and take questions on the content.
- To present complex reports to EMT and the Board and to answer questions and respond to challenges on the content.
- To deputise for the Finance Manager
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Head of Pensions and Treasury - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £734.99 - 734.99 per day
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Met office - Finance business partner
Salary: Market related
Accommodation Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour
Planning Technician - Liverpool
Salary: £17.04 - 17.04 per hour
Business Support Lead - Solihull
Salary: £18.06 - 18.06 per hour
Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
Salary: £20.79 - 20.79 per hour
Programme Manager - Cambridge
Salary: Market related
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
VAT Alignment Officer - Haringey
Salary: £20.10 - 20.10 per hour
Service Development and Support officer - Barnsley
Salary: £28.06 - 28.06 per hour
Revenues & Benefits Quality Assurance Officer - Esher
Salary: £18.70 - 18.70 per hour