Head of Homelessness Lead
|Job Title:||Head of Homelessness Lead|
|Salary:||£400 - 450 per day|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Head of Homelessness Lead to assist our client based in Oldham.
The purpose of this post is to manage the homelessness service by developing and implementing whole system approaches to deliver commissioned services in partnership at a local level based on community needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Developing services which deliver the housing advice, homelessness prevention, welfare rights, debt advice and poverty prevention and the council’s priorities.
- Design and commission services where relevant based on intelligence and the needs of the community, putting the customer at the heart of what we do
- Strategic management of commissioned services, linking with relevant officers in Planning and Commissioning
- Developing the service in ways which contribute to a reduction in the demand for Council Services, increase self-sufficiency and resilience of residents of the Borough and reduce demand for specialist council services
- Developing Services in conjunction with other partners and in particular social landlords, the third sector, and public service partners and ensure stakeholders are fully briefed, engaged and involved in the delivery of the service
- Working with and advising the Director, Elected Members, and Assistant Director on aspect of the Service area activities.
- Developing new ideas to support service improvements and efficiency and delivering a continuous improvement culture in the Service Area
- Developing a strong change management capability within the Service Area to ensure services support vulnerable residents.
- Ensure provision of statutory duty with regard to prevention of homelessness, asylum and welfare services is discharged in accordance with relevant legislation/regulations
- Ensure all commissioning and procurement is undertaken in accordance with Tameside Procurement Standing Orders
- Report writing to a high standard and presentation to Councillors, and relevant Officers within the Council
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and procedures within the Service Area to ensure effective service delivery.
- Ensure that budgets are effectively managed
- Contribute to the strategic management and development of the whole of the Operations and Neighbourhood Services.
- Manage, lead and motivate staff within the Service Area and be responsible for ensuring relevant briefings, training and development of staff
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Successful track record in a similar complex and large scale organisation and of delivering successful outcomes and projects within a relevant field.
- Successful record of engaging effectively with others, building productive working relationships, including with partners across the public sector.
- Demonstrate experience of effectively managing budgets with regard to value for money, including changing the nature of services to reflect changing needs and service requirements.
- Demonstrate ability in the presentation of reports/information to a wide range of audiences and forums.
- Understanding of the needs of vulnerable customers
- Understanding of legislation relevant to the role – housing, homelessness, welfare benefits and debt
- Knowledge of the major developments and issues facing local government as appropriate to the service area and an understanding of the political context within which local authorities operate
- Ability to work across functional and organisational boundaries, managing multi-functional projects
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Homelessness Relief and Prevent Officer
Salary: £38 per hour
Supported accommodation Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.98 per hour
Salary: £12 per hour
Retirement Living Co-Ordinator
Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £11.00 - 14.98 per hour
Salary: £12.59 - 12.59 per hour
Bournemouth - Anti Social Behaviour Officer
Salary: £15.63 - 15.63 per hour
Supported Accommodation Night Assistant
Salary: £12 - 15 per hour
Salary: £13.95 - 13.95 per hour
Housing Management Officer - Manchester City
Salary: Market related
Sheltered Housing Officer
Salary: £22 per hour
Home Energy Advisor - Islington
Salary: £19.50 - 19.50 per hour
Rent Recovery Officer - Basildon
Salary: £15.95 - 15.95 per hour