Lawyer - Bury (Children's Services)
|Job Title:||Lawyer - Bury (Children's Services)|
|Salary:||£30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Billy Fagg|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
Lawyer – Bury (Children’s Services)
Full Time / Hybrid
- Provide oral and written legal advice to instructing departments of the Client, primarily Children's Services in relation to procedural issues, policy matters individual case studies and statutory duties/powers relating to child protection encompassing.
- Consideration of relevant law
- Consideration of available evidence and obtaining expert opinion where appropriate
- Consideration of the range of possible courses of action
- Where appropriate brief Counsel, including in Child Protection Meetings and Statutory Reviews and in relation to Care Plans for children in care.
- Advise instructing departments in creating and revising policy and procedure documents/guidelines in respect of practice and statutory duties.
- Ensure accurate and adequate legal advice is given in relation to enquiries/queries from Elected Members
- Advise instructing departments of changes in legislation government guidelines and case law decisions which may affect service provision.
- Notify the Clients Solicitor of any actions which may place the Clients at risk of litigation or charge of maladministration.
- Advise Children's Services on specific matters/case studies, identifying the legal issues involved, evaluating the evidence available and advising on the most appropriate form or proceedings in relation to Child Protection.
- Attend as legal advisor to the Adoption and Fostering Panels or their equivalents
To find out more information please contact Lily at Lilye@4recruitmentservices.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunity organisation.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Family Support Worker - Missing and Children Vulnerable to Exploitation Team - Wakefield
Salary: £17.76 - 17.76 per hour
Parent and Family Worker - Neurodevelopmental Behaviour Service - Nottingham
Salary: £18.31 - 18.31 per hour
Family Support Worker - Wirral
Salary: £13.03 - 13.03 per hour
Family Support Worker - Redbridge
Salary: £16.04 - 16.04 per hour
Family Time Worker - Warrington
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour