M&E Project Manager
|Job Title:||M&E Project Manager|
|Salary:||£50k - 60k per year + £400 car allowance per month|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Mascall|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Job Title: M&E Project Manager (2 Required)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + £400 car allowance per month.
Location: Office based in Manchester, but will require nationwide travel
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am till 5pm
Note: My client is looking for 2 Project Managers, we are looking for one PM with strong Pharma experience & for the second PM we are ideally looking for those who have Food and Beverage environments experience.
About The Client.
The client smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
The Client serves the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
About the Role
Reporting into the Contracts Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for delivering a range of projects and dealing with sub-contractors as well as third parties. Manage and deliver complex multi-discipline projects successfully and provide engineering expertise to all projects. Implement engineering processes and tools and provide technical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour. Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures. Liaise closely with the Project, Commercial, Engineering/Design and Estimating teams. To build on existing client relationships and form new. This role will be based in our Manchester office with national travel required.
- Assist with tenders and review construction work proposals form sub-contractors
- Lead and deliver successful projects as part of the client’s operational delivery team, on time and within budget
- Assist in design and estimations as and when required to maximise all commercial opportunities
- Ensure that the production of Hazard Identification and risk assessments are carried out in the early stages of the design process and updated as the project progresses
- Review risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments as required together with the site manager and manage amendments as required to ensure quality and comprehensiveness
- Carry out regular site safety audits and report on observations to the client’s management
- Review all H&S documentation in line with current procedures and legislation
- Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project
- Review and monitor progress against the project programme
- Provide information to the client, contractors, ops team and end user
- To be able to review all technical and contractual information and record review comments
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure efficient project performance
- Consider cost, safety, and time constraints on all projects
- Produce procurement documentation
- Provide technical expertise and lead the project team and develop and maintain a productive efficient working relationships
- Be qualified to at least HNC/D level or have suitable experience in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Experience in managing turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, microelectronics and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms
- Technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical services, but come from a mechanical background
- A proven track record of delivery within the M&E installation sector up to £6m
- Experience managing multiple site-based team/s
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability, and drive to meet deadlines.
- Commercially aware
- Over 5 years’ experience within a Project Manage role
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Project
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor
- Customer focussed and able to communicate at the highest level within client organisations
- CSCS Card – Manager Level
- Construction Knowledge within civils, flooring & building fabric (Desirable)
- NEEBOSH (Desirable)
- IOSH Managing Safely (Desirable)
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4RS is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please submit an updated CV for consideration.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £25.00 - 31.21 per hour
Salary: £19 - 20 per hour
Estates Valuation Surveyor
Salary: £39,999 - 46,549 per year
Salary: £21 per hour
Salary: £35 per hour
Salary: £24 - 25 per hour