North Warwickshire - Technical Officer
|Job Title:||North Warwickshire - Technical Officer|
|Salary:||£13.91 - 13.91 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
North Warwickshire – Technical Officer
Location – The council house, CV9 1DE (Hybrid working)
On going contract – 37 hours - £13.91ph
The post holder will be required to be involved in the call-out procedures of the Emergency Control Centre of the Council and, in addition to give advice and to act in emergency situations. The post holder has an identified role in the event of a major emergency in the Borough.
- To respond to complaints and requests for service in respect of the relevant duties of the post.
- Where circumstances demand, the postholder will be required to assist other professional and technical staff in other sections of the Division.
- Assisting professional and technical staff of the section as required in all aspects of their specialist duties.
- To act as an authorised officer of the Council under relevant public health legislation for the purposes of inspection and investigation.
- The investigation of a wide variety of complaints and enquiries made to the section and making an assessment to determine whether further investigation is necessary or appropriate. The postholder will be required to act within specified guidelines, taking direct action in appropriate cases without referral to more senior members of staff.
- To deal with calls regarding stray dogs, the associated administration kennelling procedures and liaison with the Council’s kennelling provider and animal owners.
- The monitoring of alleged noise nuisance together with the recording of information to provide evidence for either prosecution, or the closing of investigations.
To find out more information please contact Deanna at Deannac@4recruimentservices.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunity.
- Inspections, surveys and taking action (including making recommendations for legal proceedings and, in appropriate cases, acting as the Council’s principal witness) in respect of the Council’s Smoke Control Areas, statutory nuisances, complaints about air pollution, light nuisance, filthy and verminous properties, accumulations of waste, defective drainage, dog fouling, littering, fly posting, abandoned vehicles, and any other matters relevant to the post.
- Associated administrative duties, including the compilation of statistical and technical information, the maintenance of records of inspections, writing of letter and reports and maintenance of registers.
- Making a positive contribution to the continual improvement of services offered by the Division by proposing new and innovative ideas or solutions to existing services or problems.
- Liaising in appropriate circumstances with external agencies as well as appropriate staff or other departments of the Council.
- Undertaking such other appropriate duties as may be allocated.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
Salary: £20.79 - 20.79 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Payroll Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour
Accommodation Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour