|Job Title:||Occupational Therapist|
|Location:||Kingston upon Hull|
|Salary:||£30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Highly Specialised Occupational Therapist
Salary: £ 30 Per Hour
Part time (2 days per week)
The post holder will be required to work with the Head of Therapies and the High Needs departments:
- To support students to successfully access their college course and achieve their outcomes for progression.
- To support student’s social integration at college.
- To support student’s emotional wellbeing and work proactively to avoid behaviours of concern.
- To use person centred approach to promote choice, independence, and inclusion, reflecting the key principals of Valuing People (DOH 2002) and Valuing People Now. for students aged 16 – 25 years who have a range of learning and communication difficulties associated with Learning Disabilities, Specific Learning difficulties (eg. Dyslexia, Specific Language Impairment) or Autism Spectrum Profiles, in order to enable the student to achieve their academic, social and employment potential.
- To provide advanced support and training to teaching staff and junior therapists with regard to occupational therapy needs.
- To lead, develop and co-ordinate the development and delivery of a high quality Occupational Therapy service within the High Needs departments across the STCG sites.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of professional standards for Occupational Therapy and ensures implementation within own and those supervising practice including the development and monitoring of Occupational Therapy team project areas.
- Develops and maintains accurate and timely records in accordance with the college quality standards, completing occupational therapy provision audits, therapy observations and skills audit.
- Supports, innovates and develops the Occupational Therapy provision in collaboration with Head of Therapies, in order to promote and improve supported work based learning and progression opportunities for learners with complex needs.
- Undertake line management, clinical supervision, mentoring and support for members of the Occupational therapy team across the High Needs departments as required to support high quality service delivery.
- To collaborate with the Head of Therapies to lead on Occupational Therapy student placements and contribute to the assessment of students
- Acts as a role model of good practice for staff in the areas of Positive Behaviour Support, complying with the Mental Capacity Act, modelling appropriate interactions with students and in professional conduct
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens on 07860953716 or via email AmberD@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available