Payments and Care Charging Manager - Hackney
|Job Title:||Payments and Care Charging Manager - Hackney|
|Salary:||£350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Payments and Care Charging Manager – Hackney (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £350.00 p/d
Full-Time (36 hours)
The Payments and Care Charging Manager is responsible for managing and developing a team of staff to deliver an efficient and effective payment and care charging service to Adult Social Care.
The Payments and Care Charging Manager is responsible for delivering the Council’s payments and care charging policies ensuring that payments, billng, financial assessments and debts raised are compliant with the Care Act 2014 statutory guidance, and with corporate and local policies and procedures.
The Payments and Care Charging Manager is responsible for ensuring any changes in legislation, statutory guidance or welfare benefits are implemented in both payments and care charging systems and procedures ensuring the Council is compliant, ICT systems are developed, upgraded and refined accordingly.
The Payments and Care Charging Manager is responsible to ensure that income and expenditure related to Adult Social Care (including Residential, Direct Payments and Home Care etc) are made in accordance with integrated payment procedures, the Council’s Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Government rules.
- To manage, supervise, mentor and appraise staff within the section to deliver the Council’s Payments and Care Charging policies, ensure that payments and billing cycles are processed on time, income is maximised and debts processed efficiently to comply with the Council’s financial regulations and government legislation.
- To create a performance focused approach and culture within the section, ensuring that appropriate work plans, appraisal, check ins and staff development systems are in place to achieve the teams objectives.
- To ensure staff within the section are aware of standards, expectations and timescales, and to establish clear lines of responsibility and accountability building trust, good morale and teamwork.
- To ensure the team is aware and compliant with health and safety at work guidelines, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other legal and corporate standards and guidelines.
- To ensure that staff deliver an expert customer advice service on all aspects of payments and care charging policy, ensuring customers and social care professionals are correctly advised, including, deferred payment arrangements and third party top ups.
- To organise work processes to ensure that all financial transactions in relation to payments and care charging are completed accurately, efficiently and to timescale in accordance with Council standing orders, financial regulations, corporate standards and legal requirements.
- To ensure that Mosaic billing and payment cycles, payment schedules, supplier returns and ad hoc invoicing for Adult Social Care are processed and approved to agreed standards and performance.
- To be responsible for supporting the implementation of IT systems to support and improve the effective management of the service, in particular ensuring the financial systems integration between the social care database (Mosaic) and CedAr FMS delivers an effective and efficient payment and care charging service in order to maximise efficiency in process for Adult Social Care & CYPS Direct Payments.
- To monitor, control and improve payment and care charging processes to meet the requirements of the service and the Council and achieve efficiencies in process. Working cooperatively with Purchasing Teams, ICT and Financial Systems Team.
- To deliver the annual uplift of all payments and care charging rates, working with ICT to deliver the necessary script changes, user acceptance testing and implementation into Mosaic.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all end year processes including annual closing of accounts procedure, sundry creditors, debtors, petty cash reconciliations, calculating the bad debt provision and writing off of aged debt are completed, liaising effectively with the accountancy team to meet corporate deadlines and standards.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour
Independent Living Brokerage and Support Officer
Salary: £14.17 - 14.17 per hour
Development Manager - Rochdale
Salary: £40 per hour
Revenues & Benefits Quality Assurance Officer - Esher
Salary: £18.70 - 18.70 per hour
Head of Pensions and Treasury - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £734.99 - 734.99 per day
Programme Manager - Cambridge
Salary: Market related
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Service Development and Support officer - Barnsley
Salary: £28.06 - 28.06 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Payroll & Employee Officer (G5/6) - Yorkshire Collaboration
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
CYLP Coordinator - West Sussex
Salary: Market related
Anatomical Pathology Technician - Greenwich
Salary: £16.82 - 16.82 per hour