Personal Advisor - Childrens Services
|Job Title:||Personal Advisor - Childrens Services|
|Duration:||2 months initally|
|Contact Name:||lauren Anderson|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
Personal Advisor – Childrens Services – South London.
Are you a passionate, dedicated Personal Advisor looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Personal Advisor to work closely with Young People in the South London area.
Umbrella Rate: £19.78 - £25.40 Per hour.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:15pm, 36 hours per week.
Information of the role:
- To support and enable young people who are currently in care, and those who have left care and are eligible for leaving care services, to make a successful transition to adulthood through practical and planned interventions.
- To support our Young People, their networks, and Professionals, to manage risk, safeguard Young People, and promote positive outcomes.
- To provide a service which is relationship-based and works collaboratively with our Young People, centred around our Young People, and which responds in a timely manner within statutory guidelines, working collaboratively with the team.
- Work directly and in partnership with the Young Person to provide clear and accurate assessment of the Young Person and their needs, in line with the statutory guidance.
- Undertake interviews, observations and gather information from Young People, Care Professionals, Family and Friends and other Professionals as directed by the Team Manager.
- Manage the caseload as directed. Organise and plan work activities, prioritising tasks, and responsibilities.
- Work with Key Professionals from the department and external partners, to offer advice and implement pathway plans.
- Identify the impact on Young People of their own or other’s mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, physical health, and disability, including those that may indicate risk. Access manager support and the help of other professionals to ensure Young People’s best interests are prioritised and they are safeguarded.
- Attend and contribute to Young Person statutory review and any child protection/adult safeguarding meetings, including Court as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key agencies to ensure a co-ordinated response to Young People.
- Maintain working knowledge of issues that impact on young people in care\leaving care including benefits, housing and training and employment opportunities, statutory guidance, best evidence, and research knowledge.
- Produce written reports, maintain records and data as required, ensuring that case files are organised and up to date.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience of working directly and group work with Vulnerable Children or Young People, in a Professional or Voluntary capacity, implementing effective interventions with successful outcomes.
- Computer literacy skills at a level to maintain case records within information management systems and ability to use technology to support online communication.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a Team and balancing personal workload and time management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recognise and respond appropriately to issues of risk and safeguarding.
- Knowledge of the Health, Education, Training and Work experience needs of Young People and how these can be met.
- An understanding of the needs of children looked after, and care leavers, including adolescent development, the impact of trauma, transition to independence, environmental factors, and risk and protective factors.
- Must have a current Enhanced DBS or on the update system.
- Occasional requirments to work Evenings and Weekends.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are a Personal Advisor and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Personal Advisor - Children in Care - Leicester
Salary: £17.76 - 17.76 per hour
Personal Advisor - After Care Team - Oldham
Salary: £18.44 - 18.44 per hour
Personal Advisor - Leaving Care Team - Manchester
Salary: £16.87 - 16.87 per hour
Personal Advisor - Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children - Nottingham
Salary: £18.31 - 18.31 per hour
Leaving Care Worker - Derbyshire
Salary: £16.98 - 16.98 per hour