Senior Education Welfare Officer - Southwark
|Job Title:||Senior Education Welfare Officer - Southwark|
|Salary:||£22.99 - 22.99 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Senior Education Welfare Officer – Southwark (Temp Vacancy)
Pay Rate: £22.99ph
Full-Time (36 hours)
To provide an effective and targeted education inclusion service in a specialist team within Southwark’s Family Early Help service and delivering upon the Council’s Fairer Future promises in supporting children, young people and their families.
To work in partnership with parents, young people and schools to ensure that all children of compulsory school age access education.
To ensure at all times that maximum effort is given to keeping young people in education with particular attention given to promoting full-time attendance (for those of compulsory school age) and preventing exclusion through educational achievement, positive behaviour and constructive activity for the children and young people of Southwark. To promote and support schools, families and young people with steps to prevent permanent exclusion including the use of managed moves where appropriate, supporting the development of multi-agency agency plans to keep children and young people in school.
To provide a timely and effective service to schools, families and other stakeholders in relation to the discharge of Southwark Council’s statutory responsibilities in relation to attendance and inclusion, including delivering on the full range of parental responsibility measures up to and including prosecution for persistent non-attendance.
- To assess, maintain and progress a caseload of families who require targeted intervention in relation to attendance or inclusion in accordance with service procedures, with the aim of addressing the targeted needs identified and assessed within service standards using a Team Around the Family (TAF) approach. To support and promote schools where appropriate to make use of alternatives to permanent exclusion, including managed moves where appropriate, reducing the number of permanently excluded pupils
- To use a variety of professional skills, including consultation, identification, assessment, intervention planning/delivery and review to promote effective partnerships between stakeholders, children and young people, their parents/carers, practitioners and education providers who work with them (especially schools) and to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people and their families who may be vulnerable as a result of poor school attendance or risk of exclusion.
- To develop, implement and review a range of innovative strategies to promote and improve learning/development, parental capacity, attendance/access and behaviour (with a particular regard for underachieving cohorts) – including undertaking specialist education inclusion casework and coordinating, planning and overseeing the delivery of evidence based interventions, both directly and through the use of external resources and services.
- To ensure that all evidence for prosecution is quality assured and all evidence meets required standards for prosecution.
- To have advanced knowledge of current legislation and local and national policy developments in relation to the education and welfare of children and young people and stay abreast of new legislation that links to attendance and statutory education responsibilities of the local authority including changes to the law and guidance around school exclusion, CME, elective home education and the implementation of parental responsibilities measures.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Accommodation Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £17.12 - 17.12 per hour
North Warwickshire - Technical Officer
Salary: £13.91 - 13.91 per hour
Revenues Officer - Shrewsbury
Salary: £20.79 - 20.79 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Shefford
Salary: £11.22 - 11.22 per hour
Payroll Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour
Community Care Officer - Doncaster
Salary: £10.50 - 10.50 per hour
VAT Alignment Officer - Haringey
Salary: £20.10 - 20.10 per hour
Met office - Finance business partner
Salary: Market related
Income Management Admin Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £13.12 - 13.12 per hour
Service Development and Support officer - Barnsley
Salary: £28.06 - 28.06 per hour
Independent Living Brokerage and Support Officer
Salary: £14.17 - 14.17 per hour
West Sussex - Rights of way officer
Salary: £13 per hour