Sheltered Housing Officer
|Job Title:||Sheltered Housing Officer|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Lucie Hunt|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Sheltered Housing Officer - Adur Based
Full Time - 8:00am - 4:30pm
- To make daily contact with every tenant in designated scheme(s), either personal the community alarm intercom system and ensure that every person has at least weekly visit, or as agreed with the tenant on their support plan or disclaimer.
- To respond to all emergency calls while on duty and contact the appropriate authorities relatives, as necessary.
- To welcome new tenants into the scheme within 24 hours of moving in and ensure the tenant is familiar with the emergency alarm system, the layout of the scheme activities available. A needs and risk assessment is carried out.
- To accurately complete and maintain up-to-date tenant records and support plans immediately inform the Community Alarm and Telecare service (CATS) of any information changes.
- To provide support to all new sheltered Introductory Tenancies for the first 12 months and carry out regular and scheduled home visits and intervene to ensure that the tenancy is running effectively and any issues identified from the time of sign-up to escalation to a secure tenancy are addressed. This may include actions to extend introductory period or to terminate the tenancy.
- To undertake tenancy management across the sheltered housing stock, at any sc as required. This will include, ensuring rents are paid on time, dealing with rent a and anti-social behaviour and reporting any repairs required in the communal par scheme or the tenants' accommodation, as requested, and checking that these jobs followed through to completion.
- To enable and encourage social activities at the scheme, advising tenants of even at the scheme and locally, and to assist the Senior Sheltered Housing Support Of (SSHSO) in any initiatives as required.
- To actively promote and encourage independence, while mindful of safeguarding and respecting the right to privacy, confidentiality, dignity, choice and fulfilment
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To find out more information please contact Lucie at Lucieh@4recruitmentservices.com
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunity.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Bournemouth - Anti Social Behaviour Officer
Salary: £15.63 - 15.63 per hour
Housing Management Officer - Manchester City
Salary: Market related
Homelessness Relief and Prevent Officer
Salary: £38 per hour
Rent Recovery Officer - Basildon
Salary: £15.95 - 15.95 per hour
Assessment Officer- Financial Assessment/Income and Debt- Enfeild
Salary: £18.66 - 21.81 per hour