Support Worker - Family Contact - Wigston
|Job Title:||Support Worker - Family Contact - Wigston|
|Duration:||4 months Initially.|
|Contact Name:||lauren Anderson|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
Support Worker – Family Contact – Wigston
Are you a passionate, dedicated Family Contact Support Worker looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Family Contact Support Worker to work closely with Families based in Wigston.
Umbrella Rate: between £15.95 - £17.64 dependant on experience
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 37 hours per week – Office based (Office based for Contact, but some hours can be remote for write ups)
Start Date: 25/09/2023 – 3 months initially.
Information of the Role:
- To provide direct high quality integrated Family support and Childcare services to Children and Young People, as part of a Family Support/Safeguarding plan, including Kinship and Foster Carers, Care Leavers, and Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children where appropriate.
- To work as part of an integrated team to provide a range of home/centre-based Family support interventions that contribute to achieving an improvement in outcomes for Children, Young People and Families and Care Leavers.
- To work as part of an integrated team providing support for Young People regarding issues of Housing, Benefits, Education, Employment, and Independence.
- The Support Worker will work with Care Leavers over 18 years of age, holding a caseload of young People to ensure continuing of individual support with these issues.
- To advise and guide parents and where relevant Young People in managing household affairs, practical Childcare tasks, and other means of providing for the Care of Children. This may involve flexible work patterns including early mornings, early evening and occasionally weekends.
- To supervise and monitor contact when part of the Child’s plan and to provide necessary transport for Children/Young People.
- To be part of co-ordinating self-help activities for Parents/Carers/Young People and ensure that Children in need benefit from all neighbourhood services in an integrated way, at the same time working with other Professionals to achieve this goal.
- To undertake requested Life Story and direct work to extend their learning opportunities.
- To be prepared for and participate in supervision compliant with CYPS Supervision policy and procedure and with the Manager at annual PDR and mid-year review their individual and developmental needs
- To deliver registered childcare in accordance with relevant national standards.
Requirements of the Role:
- Enhanced current Child and Adult DBS or on the update system.
- Full UK Driving Licence, access to a vehicle and business insurance required.
- Previous experience of caring for Children/Young People, working to protect and improve the life changes of Children or Young People.
- Knowledge of Child development.
- Understanding of social and environmental factors that influence vulnerable, Children, Young People and Families.
- Awareness of the challenging behaviour which vulnerable young people can exhibit and an ability to work with them under difficult circumstances.
- Ability to work in a multi-agency context.
- Written skills sufficient to produce clear and accurate records.
- Verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate clearly with Children, Young People, Families, Colleagues and Professionals.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are a Family Contact Support Worker and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Contact Support Worker - Nottinghamshire
Salary: £14.79 - 14.79 per hour
Contact Supervisor - Childrens Services - North London
Salary: Umbrella rate
Senior Family Time Worker - Kensington and Chelsea
Salary: £26.27 - 26.27 per hour
Family Support Worker - Birmingham
Salary: £17.06 - 17.06 per hour
Outreach Family Support Worker
Salary: Umbrella rate