Tree Surgeon - Leicestershire
|Job Title:||Tree Surgeon - Leicestershire|
|Contact Name:||Megan Eastop-Stanley|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
Tree Surgeon – Leicestershire
Salary: £ 15.53 Per Hour
Full Time: Monday to Friday – 09:00am to 17:00pm
To work as part of a team to deliver a best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties. You will provide a comprehensive and professional arboriculture service for all trees under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council and other clients in the private sector in the County of Leicestershire and surrounding counties.
Activities included in this job specification are: Tree surgery and felling; Planting and maintenance; Hedge layering; Planting schemes
To undertake various forestry and arboriculture works across a range of forestry disciplines, utilising safe working procedures and using specialist equipment and power tools. The list below is indicative of the types of work, but is not exhaustive:
- Tree surgery including crown lifting, dead wooding, crown reductions, bracing and tree felling.
- Occasional activities relating to young tree shrub maintenance; tree and shrub planting; public rights of way maintenance; hedge layering; planting schemes of various sizes and maintenance work.
- Drive/ operate specialist plant to perform all highways operations, and use equipment relating to arboriculture work (wood chippers, chainsaws, polesaws etc) to meet contractual requirements
- Carry out daily routine maintenance to appropriate vehicle and plant, complying with relevant legislation (e.g driver’s hour regulations, European Drivers Regulations, safe loads and weghts) to ensure safe and continued use. Additional knowledge of LOLER and PUWER checks are required for this operation to ensure the equipment meets the required specification.
- Attend and where directed, support highways operatives responding to daytime emergencies during environmental incidents such as storms, high winds to clear and/or make safe the public highway
- Carry out extensive maintenance to all arboriculture to enable to enable their safe and continued use.
- Use appropriate equipment and procedures to detect and locate underground services to protect operatives and prevent damage to apparatus.
- Be responsible for all management of the Arboriculture Audits and Assessments whilst on site (full assessment of rigging, tree surgery, crown reduction every 4 years, with interim assessments every two years)
- To carry out arboriculture practices to comply with the standards as laid down in the arboriculture practices standard BS3998 210
- To abide by the industry code of practice for Arboriculture – specifically relating to working at height operations, including pruning and free fall dismantling, rigging, crane, MEWP and ladders. Carry out safe and effective aerial rescue operations both drills and on live sites.
- To recognise, comply with, and manage onsite any bio-security issues which may arise e.g hymenoscyphus fraxineus (chalara ash die back) therefore reducing and spread of common pathogens, pests, diseases and disorders which may cause harm to the environment and/or neighbouring trees.
- To maintain a safe working environment for the general public whilst carrying out work (i.e. creating a safety zone by road closures, diversions, two way traffic lights or manual traffic control) directing the public in accordance with chapter 8 traffic regulations and arboriculture guidance notes in order for operations highways to satisfy all necessary contractual and legislative requirements.
- To comply with guidelines relating to methods of work and health and safety matters, and report any arboriculture and safety matters to the Supervisor in order for them to make informed decisions on future action, including the production of site specific risk assessments and adherence to any method statements provided
- To assist with organisation of gang structure on a daily basis and complete the allocated work instructions in order to maintain profitability and efficiency.
- To record and comply with all necessary paperwork in order to maintain and conform to all contractual and legislative procedures.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com