Triage Officer - Children and Young People's Services - West London
|Job Title:||Triage Officer - Children and Young People's Services - West London|
|Duration:||9 months initially|
|Contact Name:||lauren Anderson|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Triage Officer – Children and Young People’s Services – West London
Are you a passionate, dedicated Triage Officer looking for your next role? 4Recruitment Services are recruiting a Triage Officer to join the Children & Young Persons Services based in West London.
Umbrella Rate: £18.82 – £23.42 Per Hour.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm, 36 Hours per week.
Duration: 9 Months Initially.
Information of the Role:
- Promote the council’s vision of ‘Putting Our Residents First’ as applied to own service area.
- To implement a revised operating model for all first points of contact throughout Children and Young People's Services, to create a coherent single point of access during office hours and out of hours.
- To promote the aim of the new model by focusing on prevention from the very first point of contact, facilitate a transition from an Emergency Duty Team to a 24/7 Support Service, deliver a robust Early Help Offer and reduce the demand on statutory services.
- To act as the first point of contact for members of the public and professionals who are requesting early help, family support or are seeking to convey safeguarding concerns about a child or adult’s welfare during office hours and out of hours throughout the calendar year.
- To screen all initial enquiries for support, by collating information to determine levels of need and intervention. Moreover, to ascertain if the presenting issues can be resolved by signposting to universal services, referring to early help Stronger Families services, or whether a statutory child or adult social care response is necessary.
- To prioritise child and adult’s unique circumstances ensuring that information is shared in a timely manner and coordinating information for step up to statutory support services or step down to universal or targeted preventative services.
- To offer advice and guidance to colleagues and professionals on a range of issues to ensure effective support can be provided to safeguard the children, young people and adults who live in the borough.
- To work collaboratively and joint work with the Early Help Hub, CSC Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub in addition to the ASC Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub and 24-hour AMHP service to promote an ethos of early help, prevention, family support and safeguarding.
Requirements of the Role:
- GCSE pass in Maths and English or ability to demonstrate equivalent standard in literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service including working outside of normal hours.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role.
- Experience of working in a children’s or adults social care environment.
- Experience of working with people who may display challenging behaviour.
- To be a confident, engaging communicator, able to positively handle contact clearly, politely, and effectively with clients from a range of backgrounds.
- Ability to operate and navigate a variety of computer systems; ICS, CIVICA, IMPULSE, ONYX, NORTHGATE, ECMS, IAS & CJSM (criminal justice system).
- Working knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and related Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience when dealing with information that can be highly sensitive and distressing in content.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are a Triage Officer and would like to express your interest, please contact us for this great opportunity by calling on 0808 178 4445(option1) and speak to The Care Team Or email on, Careteam@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Team Leader - Young People Leaving Care - East London
Salary: £33k per year
Personal Advisor - Children and Adults Service - Southwark
Salary: £25.40 - 25.40 per hour
Personal Advisor - Family Services - Barnet
Salary: £26.50 - 26.50 per hour
Leaving Care Support Worker - Bolton
Salary: £21.21 - 21.21 per hour
Leaving Care Specialist (Personal Advisor) - Bradford
Salary: £15.80 - 19.09 per hour