Accommodation Support Workers - Homelessness
|Job Title:||Accommodation Support Workers - Homelessness|
|Salary:||£12 - 17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking Accommodation Support Workers to provide housing related support for residents and work with customers and agencies to provide longer term housing solutions and ensure that residents receive appropriate support.
The post involves support homeless families and single people who are in temporary accommodation and pursing more permanent options. Temporary Accommodation is located throughout Greater Manchester.
The role holder will act as point of contact for customers of the Homelessness Service, providing effective and accurate information and advice. You will work as part of a team and contribute to the achievement of the services objectives, providing high quality temporary accommodation for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. Also you will ensure the safe and efficient running of the temporary accommodation scheme where based.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out prompt assessments of customers referred to the project for accommodation and provide a safe and supported environment for homeless people accepted into the service. Actively promote integration of the accommodation and its residents into the local and wider community.
- Supply high quality housing related support, advice and advocacy to all temporary accommodation residents in order to assist customers in accessing support relating to benefits; support agencies; education, employment, resettlement options and training.
- Provide intensive support for customers with complex support needs particularly customers who have exhibited anti social behaviour. Offer holistic support plans for residents and agree individual targets which work towards longer-term housing solutions and aspirations.
- Ensure the effective upkeep and smooth running of the temporary accommodation resource, including property repairs, licensing agreements, health and safety requirements and rent collections.
- Supply a comprehensive building management service including: preparation of flats for let; organising programmed and responsive repairs and maintenance; supervision of building services staff; management and ordering of furnishings and household equipment.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date records on all aspects of service provision including financial administration, following City Council systems and financial regulations.
- Organise and prioritise workload flexibly and efficiently in response to the needs of the team and its provision.
- Actively contribute to the planning, development and implementation of changes in working practice, new services or changes in service delivery. To contribute to the development of team policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures and contribution towards corporate goals.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications.
- Must be a car driver
- Knowledge & experience of housing management and homelessness issues and social care issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively taking account of individual need including consideration of accessibility issues.
- Ability to react to immediate problems of a highly complex nature with associated risk factors and deliver pragmatic solutions sometimes under extreme pressure.
- Enhanced DBS Check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Talk to a Consultant
Talk to Bal Sunner, the specialist consultant managing this position
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0800 988 6307