Accountant - Addlestone
|Job Title:||Accountant - Addlestone|
|Salary:||£17.25 - 17.25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
Accountant – Addlestone (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £17.25ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Provide a full range of costing, budgeting, and accounting services for the Council and its associated companies.
- Deliver robust, accurate and timely financial support and advice to all stakeholders to ensure that the best use is made of available financial resources, and that decisions are based on appropriate and accurate consideration of the relevant financial issues.
- Prepare the annual budgets for a range of services in accordance with the agreed estimate programme by using information supplied by, and in consultation with, Budget Managers and from allocation working papers by analysing information as appropriate to enable robust budgets to be set that are consistent with the Council’s financial strategy.
- Prepare the final accounts for services in accordance with the agreed Closing of Accounts programme by rigorously testing and examining information from the Financial Management System and from Budget Managers in order that robust and accurate service actuals are produced.
- Develop the system for the effective budgetary control of services by continuously reviewing the systems for providing budgetary control data, to ensure that, in consultation with Budget Managers, variances are identified and reported effectively, and appropriate action taken.
- Assist the Senior Accountants as directed and in accordance with agreed procedures to enable the effective control and monitoring of ledger controls and personal accounts and in completing high quality year end working papers.
- Provide proactive and responsive advice and support to Members and Managers as requested by giving verbal and written advice in order to assist them in achieving their aims whilst at the same time ensuring adherence to the Council’s financial regulations, standing orders aims and objectives.
- Provide comments on the resource implications for reports and provide professional input to all other reports, attending pre-meetings, meetings and following up issues after the meeting so that the stakeholders receive high quality professional financial advice.
- Complete financial returns for government departments and other organisations by using appropriate and accurate financial data set in the correct context within the timetables specified, to ensure that the financial position and plans of the Council are fairly and accurately reported.
- Recover sums owed from third parties in accordance with written legal agreements on a periodical basis by interrogating the Financial Management System and raising invoices for the appropriate amounts to ensure all sums due to the Council under these agreements are received on time.
- Support the Senior Accountants at working parties and project teams by attending meetings and providing financial evaluations, costings and advice to enable decisions to be made that assist in the achievement of the aims of these groups and teams.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Share this Job
Talk to a Consultant
Talk to Parbej Miah, the specialist consultant managing this position
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0208 514 9117