Accountant - Tower Hamlets
|Job Title:||Accountant - Tower Hamlets|
|Salary:||£450 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Accountant – Tower Hamlets (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £450.00pd
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Support the closure of accounts corporate team to co-ordinate the closure process for the council’s 2021-22 preparation of year-end accounts.
- Support the closure of accounts corporate team as a key point of contact for the external auditors in terms of managing and addressing audit queries relating to the external audit of the draft 2020-21 council accounts.
- Work collaboratively with senior accountants and senior management providing specialist professional or technical expertise to support the closure of accounts year-end process.
- Be able to both challenge and support the wider finance department to ensure that adequate and accurate audit working papers are prepared to support the disclosures within the council’s accounts and for the external audit processes. Key challenge and review areas will include;
- Be able to support the large scale project management and monitoring of the year-end closure process and the delivery of the financial statements.
- -Balance sheet reconciliations
- -Year on Year analytics and variance explanations across the financial statements both for income and expenditure and balance sheet items
- -Accruals supporting documentation
- -Recharges consolidation and postings
- -loss allowance and impairment calculations
- -Schools consolidation and postings
- -Working papers to support estimates and judgements within the accounts
Skills and experience required:
- Strong technical knowledge of CIPFA code of practice for local authority accounting
- Excellent technical skills relating to closure of accounts and end of year statements.
- Experience of acting as main point of contact for auditors
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience of accounting system, particular, Agresso would be desirable
- CCAB qualified or appropriate equivalent qualification and/or experience
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available