Accounts Receivables Officer - Romford
|Job Title:||Accounts Receivables Officer - Romford|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
Accounts Receivables Officer – Romford (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £14.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Accounts Receivables (Debtors/Income), across the two Councils, raising and collection of invoices for Schools & Academies, Social Services - Homecare and Residential Accommodation, Shop Rents, Commercial Waste, Market Rent and other external customers and suppliers.
- The collection and enforcement of Council Tax and NNDR, the subsidy and administration of the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Scheme and Corporate Debt Recovery Board;
- Provision of Payroll, Human Resources, Pensions Administration, Procurement and supplier management, Creditors/Payments.
- Transactional Services delivers support services through the One Oracle ERP system.
The oneSource Accounts Receivables Team are responsible for issuing and collecting over 75,500 invoices per year for 2 Councils.
The post will be based at Havering, Central Library in Romford with some travel to other oneSource offices as required.
You will be expected to deliver day to day processes for the collection of debt as part of the Receivables team.
As a Receivables Officer you will be responsible for the raising and recovery of debts, including via the County Court, referring to Bailiffs and Debt Collection Agents, entering and reconciliation of data, and to provide high quality and consistent advice and support to customers.
- Assess and calculate a part billing period due from information supplied and deal with queries in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Tele-chasing customers with outstanding invoices, to collect debt due.
- Trace debtors to establish their current address and obtain payment.
- Negotiate payment arrangements and obtain payments of debts within agreed timescales.
- Work as part of a team to achieve or exceed targets for reducing debt owed to the council.
- Administer the debt accounts accurately, following existing council procedures and policies.
- Update system records ensuring data is accurate and factual.
- Recovery of outstanding debts via the courts.
Deliver a high quality, consistent and professional service that meets strategic objectives, service level agreements (SLA), legislation, policies and procedures, being efficient and effective, whilst meeting agree timeframes, standards and targets.
Provide service delivery, advice and support in a cost effective, efficient and solutions-focussed way that ensures customer satisfaction and positively impacts customer efficiency and confidence.
Provide routine advice and deal with routine queries and process resolution in accordance with statutory legislation, and operational procedures.
Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant statutory and regulatory
We are looking to recruit an exceptional person with at least 2 years’ experience of debt collection, within a large organisation. Ideally with GCSE English and Maths. We are looking for the following attributes:
- At least 2 years’ experience of debt collection/credit control within a large organisation.
- Experience of recovering debts via the County Court.
- A professional approach to debt collection which is very much customer focused.
- Confident and resilient.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines.
- Capable of thinking laterally and proactively.
- Persuasive, persistent and self-motivated.
- Good communicator whose negotiation and persuasion skills gain customer commitment.
- Hard working and a good team player.
- Professional with excellent customer care skills.
- Able to handle each call in the correct manner and have the ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to learn quickly and to work to deadlines.
- You will need to be able to cope with a variable workload and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's