Admissions Officer - Manchester
|Job Title:||Admissions Officer - Manchester|
|Salary:||£13 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Admissions Officer – Manchester (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £13.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
This role will arrange pupil admissions to mainstream primary and secondary schools/ Academies in line with the City Council’s statutory requirements and policies.
- Negotiate and secure suitable placements within maintained schools, Academies, alternative provision and in schools in other LA areas, for children with complex needs or personal circumstances.
- Ensure offer of school places is in line with legislation, MCC policy and availability, liaising with other services where necessary to ensure service users are allocated places which best suit their needs;
- Act as main contact for providing admissions related advice to parents/ carers and schools/ Academies, both verbally and in writing.
- Investigate and track children missing education and children who are electively home educated, liaising with other City Council services and key partners, as appropriate.
- Identify and record school / academy vacancies, maintain waiting lists and manage oversubscription criteria for schools and academies, ensuring that all data held is up to date and accurate.
- Identify and allocate reasonable alternative offers to applicants who do not receive a preferred school place.
- Monitor the whereabouts of children of statutory school age who refuse school offers, referring cases to the attendance service, where necessary.
- Case manage complex school admissions, particularly those outside the normal admissions round, including the; In Year fair Access Protocol, exclusions, Children missing education, off rolling, CAT2 and non-statemented SEN applications.
- Prepare and present appeal statements to be submitted to chief execs and heard by an independent panel.
- To prepare and carry out outreach visits, ensuring system information is updated.
- Personal commitment to continuous self development and personal improvement.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available