Adult Social Care Lawyer - Warrington
|Job Title:||Adult Social Care Lawyer - Warrington|
|Salary:||£19.04 - 19.04 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||4 days ago|
Adult Social Care and Education Lawyer – Warrington
Salary: £ 19.04ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Adult Social Care and Education Lawyer based within the Legal Services’ Safeguarding Team who is required to provide legal advice and services to the client departments and the Council itself.
1. The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to the Council’s Corporate Plan, the Corporate Equality and Diversity Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
2. To undertake the provision of legal advice, guidance and support on behalf of Warrington Borough Council (and its schools) in relation to Adult Social Care and Education matters (including Court of Protection Applications and questions relating to Education Law) some of which may be complex.
3. To conduct advocacy at all levels with respect to the above matters before the Court of Protection and any other appropriate tribunal.
4. To proactively advise and respond to all requests for legal advice. Advising on the proposed impact of any legislation as and when appropriate to the Client Departments taking into account novel applications of known techniques.
5. To undertake all preparations in relation to Advocacy including preparation of bundles, skeleton arguments and statements ensuring full compliance with legislation and guidance, attendance at advocates meetings and to liaise with Counsel as and when required.
6. To attend relevant meetings including where applicable Safeguarding Board meetings, Joint Partnership Groups, and Legal Gateway meetings.
7. The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to the Council's Community Plan, Community Safety Strategy, Corporate Equality Plan, Health and Safety Policy and Social Inclusion Strategy.
8. Any other duties as directed by the Legal Services Manager and ultimately the Head of Legal and Democratic Services.
9. To carry out all duties with due regard to confidentiality and data protection regulations.
10. The post holder is responsible for contributing to and compliance with strategies and policies relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
11. To provide occasional supervision to Senior Legal Assistants, Legal Assistants, Trainee Solicitors, Legal Apprentices and other junior members of staff as and when required.
12. To deputise regularly for the Senior Solicitor (Adult Social Care and Education) and occasionally for the Legal Services Manager (Safeguarding) as and when required.
13. To assist occasionally any team in Legal and Democratic Services. This can include working outside of normal office hours and working off site.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's