Allocations Assistant - Greenwich
|Job Title:||Allocations Assistant - Greenwich|
|Salary:||£11 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Allocations Assistant – Greenwich (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide day to day administrative and customer access support to the Access & Allocations service.
- To provide housing advice and information to customers by telephone, letter, email and in person.
- Providing advice to the public on the various housing options, including to households who are threatened with homelessness, referring to other sections, department and outside agencies as appropriate.
- To respond to enquiries from a range of customers and deal with requests for information on policy and procedures, from staff, senior officers, Councillors and residents.
- To be responsible for providing an effective administrative support service to managers and staff within the service, as required.
- Dealing with and taking action on personal and telephone enquiries and ensuring all records are updated.
- To create and update customer records on the Council’s database systems, inputting accurate information, cleansing data and processing housing applications.
- To check eligibility for the housing register and to verify the information included on the housing application, including complex immigration status checks.
- To make good and proper use of the Council’s IT systems, entering and retrieving information accurately and appropriately, ensuring that databases and other casework records are correct, protected and up to date.
- To be responsible for ensuring that incoming/outgoing correspondence and complaints are efficiently received, logged and distributed, and to support staff and managers to achieve Council service standards in responding to correspondence.
- To support the efficient document management of electronic and paper records, including scanning, shredding and archiving as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain a variety of information systems; gathering and collating general information, monitoring actions and supporting the efficient delivery of service to customers.
- To identify and refer cases for priority assessments and appeals against officer decisions.
- To provide administrative support for the allocation process and mutual exchange process, by checking and ensuring all results of viewings are speedily recorded and letters are dispatched to all relevant parties on time.
- 14.To undertake projects and support initiatives and events as required by the service manager.
- To provide training for new staff including the preparation of training material.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the provision of Health and Safety legislation, the Council’s equal Opportunities and Customer care policies and the New Technology Agreement.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Finance Assistant - Bolton
Salary: £14.16 - 14.16 per hour
Entitlement Assistant - Shropshire
Salary: Market related
Lancashire - Personal Assistant
Salary: £11.47 - 11.47 per hour
Assistant Management Accountant - Nottingham
Salary: £20.97 - 20.97 per hour
Yorkshire Collaboration - Homeless assistant
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour