Asbestos Project Manager
|Job Title:||Asbestos Project Manager|
|Salary:||£21 - 23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Mascall|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Job Title: Asbestos Project Officer
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am till 5pm
Duration: Minimum of 5 months.
Pay: £21 - £23ph paid weekly via umbrella
Responsibilities include (But are not limited to);
- Lead and manage the delivery of Licensed and Non-Licensed asbestos removal and remediation projects in both domestic and communal settings, working in a multi-disciplinary team environment of internal colleagues, consultants and specialist contractors.
- Work closely with the Asbestos Technical Team to ensure that all asbestos removal and remediation work meets regulatory requirements including control measures and notifications.
- Provide accurate and timely asbestos removal and remediation completion information, and associated paperwork to the Asbestos Technical Team to ensure that the Asbestos Register is consistently up to date.
- Produce high quality timely progress reports and programme updates including early warning delays and potential project overrun.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the delivery of asbestos removal and remediation projects from inception to post completion and a firm forward plan of projects to ensure we meet key delivery milestones in accordance to agreed compliance and building safety strategies
- Build and maintain effective relationships within teams and with internal and external partners to ensure opportunities to deliver council priorities are maximised.
- Take a pro-active, creative approach to problem solving and work collaboratively to project manage and deliver complex, high value projects and programmes to agreed specifications, timescales, and budget.
- Recognised substantial technical expertise and experience in a discipline which supports the council’s outcomes such as Building Safety and Compliance.
- Extensive experience managing and co-ordinating large and complex asbestos removal and remediation projects including procurement, budget monitoring and contract and supply chain management.
- Considerable experience of commissioning projects with external and internal providers working collaboratively and in partnership
- Management skills to motivate, lead and support multi-disciplinary teams to achieve and deliver outcomes.
- Enhanced communication and interpersonal skills to develop, maintain and enhance professional relationships.
- Creative problem-solving skills to identify obstacles and resolve issues through effective negotiation.
- Personal resilience and adept at managing competing deadlines to enable delivery of projects to specification, on time and within budget.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen in relation to public, private and third sectors to effectively contribute and implement strategies, plans and initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in analysis of proposals from businesses and other partner organisations, compiling funding bids and producing complex reports.
- Strong commercial and budget management awareness.
- Recognised formal project management qualification – Prince 2 or equivalent
- Formal Built Environment Qualification: CIOB RICS or equivalent
- Recognised formal asbestos qualification – P403, P404, P405
- Detailed understanding of sector regulation, particularly the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4RS is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please submit an updated CV for consideration
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available