Assistant Children's Practitioner
|Job Title:||Assistant Children's Practitioner|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit an Assistant Practitioner to support our client based in Stapleford, Nottingham. This role offers both full-time, and part-time positions.
This position is to provide safe, supportive, and positive care to all children and young people, this will include pro-active involvement in all aspects of their day to day social and educational care, in line with the service plan and associated standards within the Children’s Home Regulations 2015.
To carry out co-working responsibilities with vulnerable children and young people who have complex needs and challenging behaviours, which will involve delivering all identified care planning tasks, through the direction of your Senior Practitioner.
You will have safeguarding responsibilities for the most vulnerable children and young people in England and Wales.
The post holder will follow a rota pattern of work, which will include a planned shift pattern, which will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays and on occasions awake-night and sleep-in duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To offer children and young people a high standard of physical and emotional care, involving supporting with education, life skills and health needs, including mental health support as part of the Corporate Parenting role.
- To provide a high standard of care to children and young people which is efficiently and effectively delivered within organisational policy and statutory requirements.
- To provide care within an environment that positively integrates race, culture gender, disability, sexual orientation etc.
- To work positively and enabling with children and young people with challenging behaviour to affect change and positive outcomes and ensure children and young people have access to representation and complaints procedure.
- To act as an advocate for the children and young people in your care.
- To communicate effectively and professionally verbally, non-verbally and in written form.
- To have knowledge and application of relevant Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation.
- To implement effective strategies for managing challenging behaviour, following the MAPA training, principles, and strategies.
- To implement childcare plans and other associated plans e.g. risk assessments etc.
- To communicate effectively, professionally, and sensitively with children, young people, their families and relevant professionals.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience of working with children and young people.
- Commitment to self-development and training. Including a willingness to undertake training as identified (particularly Diploma Level 3 qualifications). Basic knowledge of the Children Act 1989.
- Must have an understanding of the safeguarding issues which may impact on people in care.
- Must have an understanding of physical, emotional, cultural, racial and individual needs in a residential care setting.
- Must have an understanding, awareness of & commitment to equality issues.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email email@example.com.