Assistant Enablement Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Enablement Manager|
|Salary:||£14.00 - 17.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Assistant Enablement Manager
LOCATION: Enfield, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 37 hours a week
PAY RATE: PAYE £14 per hour & Umbrella £17.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Assistant Enablement Manager for our client based in Enfield
The post holder will be required to:
- assist with the effective and efficient delivery of the service in line with relevant policies and guidelines
- ensure the service assists in promoting independence and supporting users through enablement to maximise their independence for as long as possible
- ensure that the service meets the standards set by the Council and external bodies with quality standards relevant to the service and to ensure the service meets the discharge demands
- work with: Service users/ Other members of staff in the Housing, Health and Adult Social Care directorate/ Health colleagues/ Local community groups/ Voluntary organisations/ Providers/ Carers/ Other Council departments
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Under the direction of management, co-ordinate, supervise, advise and assist enablement workers with their duties
- Assist management in the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff
- Supervise enablement workers in relation to their day-to-day practice, with a particular focus on promoting the maximisation of service-users’ independence
- Manage the preparation of work rotas, ensuring the most effective and efficient use of resources
- Ensure that all enablement interventions are provided to a high quality and are person-centred to promote independence as far as possible
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of enablement interventions via spot checks, checking progress notes, feedback from customers and their carers, and service reviews
- Specify the levels and types of intervention based on assessments of need
- Maintain up to date knowledge and ensure that staff make recommendations for equipment, including telecare to maximise the effect of interventions
- Investigate service failures and carry out appropriate action to remedy, ensuring that all complaints are logged and referred to managers as necessary
- Monitor and approve staff hours worked, annual leave and other payments as required
- Take part in a rota system for supporting enablement workers outside of office hours
- Ensure that the people and resources within area of responsibility are effectively and efficiently managed to balance need and risk whilst achieving the delivery of council objectives and the best possible outcomes for service users and their carers
- Be responsible for implementing quality assurance systems within area of responsibility in line with registration requirements
- Participate fully and ensure standard are adhered to and make a major contribution to external audits/inspections.
- Implement the Safeguarding Adults policy & procedure and support staff through the process
- Implement and adhere to HR Policies & Procedures, including disciplinary / grievance investigations in line with the Council’s Scheme of Delegation
- Monitor sickness in accordance with the Group’s Managing Absence Policy and in liaison with management
- Arrange individual enablement interventions which promote the independence and choice of the service-user as far as possible
A full job description is available upon request.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- NVQ/QCF or equivalent Level 3 in Adult Social Care
- 2 years’ experience of assessing personal care and support needs for a range of adults in social care.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and guidance that underpin a service providing care and support
- Ability to assess personal care and support needs of service users whilst balancing risk with the promotion of independence.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of people both orally and in writing.
- A good working knowledge of positive risk taking, risk assessment/management and safeguarding adults
- Ability to plan and maximise use of care hours and staffing resources
- Experience of managing a rota system.
- Ability to supervise and manage performance of staff effectively
- Able to travel around the borough independently to access service users’ homes and other office premises
- Access to a vehicle and clean driving licence is preferable
- Providing assistance and support outside of office hours as required
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's