Assistant Engineer - Reading
|Job Title:||Assistant Engineer - Reading|
|Salary:||£16.71 - 16.71 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Assistant Engineer – Reading (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £16.71ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To undertake a broad range of duties relating to the management, design and implementation of Streetcare, Highway Maintenance and Highway improvement contracts and projects and Highway Asset Management. This will include, but not exclusively, carriageway surfacing, structural maintenance, footway maintenance, drainage and winter services.
To carry out all duties in accordance with the Council’s policies and priorities
- To carry out duties under the direction of the Highway Maintenance & Asset Management Engineer – these duties include the following:
- To act as the Engineer’s Representative on allocated projects
- To prepare contract documents as directed, and then arrange, supervise, administer and monitor the contracts.
- To project manage (including budget monitoring) allocated schemes and report progress to the Highway Maintenance & Asset Management Engineer.
- To provide professional and technical advice consistent with the post holder’s qualifications and experience in relation to the delivery of highways and transport services in Reading.
- To ensure that Health and Safety procedures are properly followed in respect of allocated projects, particularly but not exclusively CDM Regulations.
- To liaise within the Council and with other outside bodies as required.
- To prepare reports, drawings and technical information for council committees and other purposes.
- To help ensure that the Highway Maintenance and Asset Management team follow the principles of Highway Asset Management as set out in ‘Well-Managed Highway Infrastructure: A Code of Practice’
- Deputise for the Highway Maintenance & Asset Management Engineer at contract, site and liaison meetings with other bodies as required.
- Assisting in the management of consultants including writing briefs and assisting in procurement and selection
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available