4Recruitment Services are seeking a Assistant Housing Officer (Housing and Tenancy Management) to work within Leicestershire.
Hours: 36 Hours per week
Shift: Full Time
Pay Rate: £8.00 - £11.00 per hour
Are you a passionate and organised Assistant/Housing Officer with at least 2 years minimum Housing & Tenancy Management Experience?
Are you looking to join an organisation built on innovation and experience, with a 13-year track record of progressing professional careers and making a positive difference to people's lives?
TO PROVIDE THE FIRST POINT OF CONTACT FOR CUSTOMERS IN ALL ASPECTS OF HOUSING MANAGEMENT AND PROVIDING SUPPORT TO THE HOUSING OFFICERS
What you will be doing -
- To assist and support the Senior Housing Officer and Housing Officers to deliver a good quality and customer focused Housing Management Service.
- Undertake 'sign-ups' with new tenants explaining the tenancy agreement in detail, specifically the tenant and landlord obligations.
- To co-ordinate referrals to support agencies.
- Maintain databases as appropriate.
- Monitor garage accounts and take action in accordance with the policy and procedure.
- Assist in the co-ordination of paperwork for anti-social behaviour cases and estate inspections.
- Occasionally assisting the Housing Officers by completing home visits for any aspect of Housing Management.
- To input information into the IT system and extract information to provide statistical information, analysing data for reports as required by the Senior Housing Officer and Service Manager - Housing Management.
- To make agreements for repayment of debt to the Council in respect of rent arrears.
- To provide administrative support, including answering the telephone and general offices duties as required.
- To undertake other duties within the scope of the job description, as directed by the Service Manager - Housing Management.
Duties and Responsibilities -
To provide the first point of contact in all aspects of Housing Management advising customers in line with policies and procedures.
Daily contact with tenants, applicants and their representatives concerning any aspect of Housing Management and conditions of tenancy, eg advising on anti-social behaviour, rent account monitoring, progress of adaptations, mutual exchanges, transfers, etc.
To have knowledge of policies and procedures for dealing with breaches of conditions of tenancy, particularly anti-social behaviour and rent arrears in order to assist the Housing Officers to provide advice and information to customers.
What You will need -
- Previous Experience within Housing/Tenancy Management
- Previous Local Authority Experience (Minimum 2 years)
- Customer Service Experience
What we offer -
We will offer you Excellent & Competitive Rates of Pay, Organised Local Interviews. When registering you will be going through our Efficient Compliance Service and have a choice to use our Dedicated Umbrella Company (who offer indemnity insurance & a loyalty reward scheme).
If you are an Assistant Housing Officer and would like to express your interest please contact us for this great opportunity by calling Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunities employer.