Assistant Housing Repairs Manager | Broxtowe Borough Council
Hours: Full-Time - 9am to 5pm – 37 hours
Duration: 3m w/extensions
Salary: £Negotiable Per Hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Assistant Housing Repairs Manager for a local authority in Broxtowe Borough Council.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Deliver a highly performing day to day repairs and voids service to tenants and leaseholders.
Ensure the Health and Safety of residents through effective management of gas servicing and electric safety tests and other relevant servicing and inspection programmes.
- To undertake full line management responsibilities for the Senior Maintenance Officers and Senior Work Planner including managing performance, absence management, recruitment and selection, regular staff briefings and overall team development
- Provide leadership and effective people management to the Repairs Business Support Team and Operative Team. Motivating staff, ensuring all HR, training, development and performance review procedures are successfully implemented to ensure technical and professional competence is maintained.
- Ensure Corporate policies relating to attendance management, capability and disciplinary are consistently applied and followed by the teams
- Provide leadership and direction to staff to enable effective delivery of a responsive, commercially sound, customer focussed Housing Repairs service to tenants and leaseholders
- Take a role in continuously developing the repairs service to meet the changing needs of tenants and leaseholders. Effectively support the delivery of service improvements to improve efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction with the repairs service
- Support the development and implementation of Housing Repairs policies, strategy, procedures and good practice guidelines. Ensure the housing repairs policies, procedures and practices are delivered consistently across the operative and Repairs Business Support Team.
What You will need -
- Previous Experience within Housing/Leasehold/Tenancy Management
- Previous Local Authority Experience (Minimum 2 years)
- Experience of managing a DLO workforce
- Experience of Managing Staff including Senior maintenance Officers
- Experience of managing coids and day to day repairs
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.