Assistant Manager - Wakefield
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager - Wakefield|
|Salary:||£13.92 - 13.92 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||8 days ago|
Assistant Manager – Wakefield
Full-Time (37 hours)
NVQ in Care (or equivalent)
Knowledge of the needs of older people.
Knowledge of the principles of residential care.
To demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to the principles of equal opportunities, health and safety and staff care.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience of either working with older people or working in a residential care setting.
- Accountable to the Unit Manager.
- To assist in providing leadership to staff to recruit, motivate and develop staff employed within the service areas managed with the aim of achieving high quality service delivery.
- To assist in providing advice, guidance and support to staff managed, to ensure that Social Services practice reflects the highest standards.
- To assist in establishing and reviewing systems to allocate, monitor and review resource allocation in order that the priority needs of the service are met.
- To assist in the management of staff in the general care of residents and the home, giving advice and support where necessary.
- Set and review standards of care in liaison with other senior staff and problems on matters arising concerning staff and residents.
- Assist with induction programmes, in-house training programmes and staff supervision and development.
- To assist in ensuring the potential capacities of each person living in the home are recognised and the opportunities, encouragement and support are provided whereby these may be realised.
- To assist in ensuring where possible appropriate links are fostered with relatives and friends of each resident.
- To assist in promoting emotional and social growth in each resident recognising and fostering areas of strength and strengthening areas of weakness.
- Arrange duty rotas of staff in co-operation with the Manager ensuring the home is adequately covered at all times.
- Assume shared responsibility for the safe keeping of drugs and medicines and administering within the agreed policy.
- Maintain statutory and Local Authority records to meet the requirements of Registration and Inspections and departmental policies and procedures.
- To chair and participate in Care Management meetings and ensure the progress of residents is regularly reviewed and reports for meetings are prepared.
- To convene and chair regular staff meetings and attend other meetings as required.
- To develop and review communications methods used with the services managed ensuring that effective communications are established and maintained involving all members of the workforce, other departments and external contacts.
- Ensure positive relationships within the local community in which the home is situated.
- To keep self and staff up to date with training and development opportunities appropriate to developing all staff to meet service standards.
- To uphold and practice within the framework of the Local Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy understanding the way people are discriminated against.
- To promote a positive attitude to health, safety and welfare issues ensuring all staff are aware of and observe both statutory and authority requirements to achieve a safe working environment.
- To provide a safe environment which does not impede the right of residents to take personal risks.
- To ensure that the Local Authority’s Customer Care Policy is adhered to and any complaints received are dealt with in accordance with the Local Authority’s Complaints Procedure.
- Any other duties considered to fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- An expectation that the post holder will participate fully in supervision and appraisal.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
HR Assistant - Bury Council
Salary: £9.94 - 9.94 per hour
Team Manager - MASH - North West London
Salary: £41 per hour
Helpdesk and DLO Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £143.83 - 200.00 per day
Community Centre Manager - Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Salary: £20.46 - 20.46 per hour