Assistant Residential Workers - Shrewsbury
|Job Title:||Assistant Residential Workers - Shrewsbury|
|Salary:||£8.20 - 8.20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Kasey Sanders|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Assistant Residential Workers
PLACEMENT: To start ASAP, 30 - 37 hours per week on a rota basis
May include evenings & weekends.
PAY: PAYE From £8.20 per hour & Umbrella From £9.75 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Assistant Residential Workers to provide services to our client who have a residential care homes/short breaks sites based in Shrewsbury.
Our client requires people who are passionate about and committed to working with children and young people with disabilities, challenging behaviour and mental health struggles.
We currently have vacancies available at two sites in Shrewsbury:
- DAY SHIFTS AVAILABLE AT - A residential care home providing accommodation and a holistic approach when supporting Children and Young People aged between 5 – 17 who have a range of both physical and learning disabilities. You will be required to help the team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children and young people with household tasks and all aspects of their care including personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with the services policies and procedures.
- DAY OR NIGHT SHIFTS AVAILABLE AT - A residential overnight short breaks for up to seven young disabled people aged 0 - 18 years old. They aim to provide a secure, nurturing and fun environment in which young people feel safe, can discover their value and worth as individuals and gain a sense of their own self. This is achieved by focusing on the needs of young people with a flexible approach to all aspects of care. They are encouraged to participate in a range of activities such as cooking, physical activities, games and arts and crafts during their stay as well as activities in the local community. The client are looking for individuals with positive energy and creativity to deliver these successfully. You will be required to work as a team and individually to provide a flexible responsive, high quality and person centred care to children young people and their families based on an assessment of need and to access to a range of stimulating and safe activities and experiences within and external to the home.
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with the services policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of care plans and risk assessments.
- Ensuring safeguarding practices are in place.
- Planning and executing activities for service users to promote a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Promoting independence and Equality & Diversity throughout the service.
- Level 3 QCF Working with Children and Young People or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this.
- experience in a position relevant to the residential care of children and young people
- Previous experience and knowledge working with Service users with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- A positive and approachable manner.
- The ability to engage with, build and maintain rapport with services users.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in safeguarding disabled children and young people / adults.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.