Assistant Team Manager | CIN/LAC/MASH Children’s Services Team | Wandsworth Council
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Assistant Team Manager to work within a CIN/LAC & MASH team based within Wandsworth Council. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 5+ years recent managerial experience of working within the Children’s Services Specialised team.
The post holder will have a major contribution to make to the delivery of our vision and strategic priorities, by working with the Team Manager to manage the delivery and performance of high-quality social work provision to children and their families across the Team. This will involve working with the Team Manager to performance manage staff within the team and use management information and audit findings to identify where team or individual performance is excellent and can be shared with other staff and where performance can be improved.
The postholder will mentor and support social workers in dealing with the most complex cases and will develop effective practice through direct development of others and through driving practice improvement across the service. May also supervise social work students, newly qualified social workers as part of the ASYE, trainees and support staff.
There are 5 key elements to the role of an Assistant Team Manager in Wandsworth Children’s Services These are:
- Deputise effectively in relation to team management
- Delivery of high quality, reflective supervision
- Support the team by giving time for reflection and analysis in relation to complex cases
- Quality assurance
- Performance Management
The successful Assistant Team Manager will have experience of:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant policy, legislation, guidance and best practice in safeguarding children, and a high level of competence and confidence in legal proceedings in the family courts, preparing evidence statements/care plans and giving evidence.
- Advanced experienced of applying in practice, the principles of care legislation relating to child protection, looked after children and the provision of services to children in need.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the needs of children and young people; the ability to work with children and their parents/carers and to involve them in decision making.
- Highly developed knowledge of theory and practice of assessment, planning and intervention; substantial knowledge of relevant legislation and its application; acquired through professional qualification in social work plus considerable experience in relevant field.
To apply for this the Assistant Team Manager must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Advanced qualification in social work, I,e higher specialist award in working with children and families or equivalent, or evidence of having met the capabilities at advanced level
Benefits & Rewards:
- £2000 Welcome Payment (Half on Appointment, Half after 6 months service)
- £3000 Retention Payment (After 2 years’ service)
- Performance related pay scheme – Max of 2.5% per year
- Occupational Sick Pay
- HCPC Registration paid for
- Car Allowances, Childcare Vouchers, Shopping & Travel Discounts, 30% tax off Tech Products
- 31 days Annual Leave (+ Bank Holidays)
- Final Salary Pension
Outer London Rate is from £37,986 to £44,691 per year
Inner London Rate is from £39,396 to £46,347 per year
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact us on 0808 178 4445.