Benefits officer - Shropshire
|Job Title:||Benefits officer - Shropshire|
|Salary:||£19 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Benefits officer – Shropshire
Location: The Shirehall, SY2 6ND
Contract: initial 4 -month contract with possible further extension
Hours: 8.45 AM – 5.00PM
Pay: up to £19ph (depending on experience)
The accurate assessment and verification of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit claims.
Providing information and advice to customers.
To support the overpayments team in actively seek recovery of overpaid Housing Benefit, through all available means.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- To process all Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit claims in accordance with Government legislation, Housing and Council Tax Benefits regulations and Council Policy.
- To ensure that all claims for Housing and Council Tax Benefit are processed accurately and within the targeted timescales.
- To identify, calculate and correctly classify all types of overpayments in order to maximise subsidy. To implement relevant recovery action where appropriate.
- To have regard to the subsidy implications of all data input and decisions made in respect of all claims.
- To produce standard and non-standard letters which require an in depth knowledge of procedures for effective and timely liaison with benefit customers.
- To deal with customer’s enquiries in person also by telephone, in writing, by email and by text.
- Make recommendations regarding the backdating of claims for authorisation by the Senior Benefit Officer and action as appropriate.
- Make recommendations regarding 1st stage appeals for authorisation by the Senior Benefit Officer and action as appropriate.
- Interrogate and extract information from the Customer Information System provided by the Department of Works and Pensions.
- To recover overpaid Housing and Council Tax Benefit in accordance with the regulations and the Council's policy guidelines.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Deanna Clarke on 020 8514 9152 or Email DeannaC@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Private Housing Standards Officer
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £19.01 - 19.01 per hour
Homeless Assessment Officer - Liverpool
Salary: £14 per hour
Resettlement Support Officer - Camden
Salary: £19 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Barry
Salary: £20 per hour
Housing Solutions Officer - Sheffield
Salary: £12.69 - 12.69 per hour