Benefits, Taxation and Income Officer - Barnsley
|Job Title:||Benefits, Taxation and Income Officer - Barnsley|
|Salary:||£12.37 - 12.37 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Benefits, Taxation and Income Officer – Barnsley (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £12.37ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist in providing a comprehensive Benefits, Taxation and Income Service, which includes Benefits, Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates, Free School Meals, the recovery of all monies owed to the council and the provision of a dedicated customer services telephony team.
- To carry out assessments of free school meals, all types of housing benefit and council tax support including areas of subsidy loss and discretion.
- Assist in providing a comprehensive and effective Non Domestic Rates Service and Council Tax Service dealing with the administration and maintenance of accounts and the award of discounts, exemptions and reliefs to ensure correct billing.
- Assist in providing a comprehensive and effective recovery service dealing with the recovery and enforcement of Council debt including council tax, non-domestic rates and overpaid housing benefit.
- Undertake telephone duties, particularly with regard to the divisions crosscutting telephony team in accordance with the Council’s wider customer services principles and standards of professional conduct. This will include providing information and guidance in respect of other service areas of the council.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve complex queries, dealing with complaints and difficult customers ensuring a customer focussed service, keeping them informed of progress and actions.
- Input, check and maintain accurate records using Benefits, Taxation and Income specialist systems, ensuring information is stored appropriately and confidentially.
- Assist in the preparation of data and statistical returns to drive forward effective compliance management.
- Administer Benefits, Taxation and Income documentation and correspondence, assisting in the delivery of performance linked to corporate objectives and development of actions to deal with exceptions, undertaking timely interpretation of financial information and proactively acting to address the issue ensuring high quality performance information.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees and members of the public, ensuring information and communication links are maintained.
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the service, suggesting improvements to enable continued developments and improved performance.
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and requests, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Maintain awareness of policies and procedures which impact on how the service is delivered.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Income Officer - Lambeth
Salary: £22 per hour
Data and Projects Officer - Sutton
Salary: £16 per hour
Complaints and Information Officer - Lambeth
Salary: £22 per hour
Haulage and Waste Management Officer - Glenfield
Salary: £15 per hour
Benefits and Council Tax Officer - Newham
Salary: £20 per hour