Brent Council - Post 16 Advisor - Virtual school
|Job Title:||Brent Council - Post 16 Advisor - Virtual school|
|Salary:||£17.27 - 17.27 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Deanna Clarke|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Brent Council – Post 16 Advisor – Virtual school
Location: Brent Civic Centre, HA9 0FJ
Contract: initial 9 -month contract with possible further extension
Hours: 37 hours per week
Pay: £17.27 per hour (depending on experience)
The primary purpose of the role is to:
To develop robust and effective systems, policies and models of practice that lead to an improvement in Education, Employment and Training outcomes for post 16 Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
To work alongside Brent Virtual School Year 11 Life Coach, to ensure consistent working practices, systems & continuity of provision, for Brent LAC who are NEET or at risk of NEET aged 16 – 18 inclusive.
To work primarily with:
Year 12 and Year 13 Looked After Children who are in Education or training.
Year 12 and Year 13 Looked After Children who are at risk of NEET,
Year 12 and year 13 Looked After Children who are NEET (under 18)
- offering advice, information and development opportunities to these young people, alongside support and challenge as appropriate, in order to help them stay EET and achieve positive outcomes, including relevant qualifications.
- effectively tracking and monitoring the completion of termly ePEPs, and providing regular reports to the Head of the Virtual School and the Virtual School data manager on the status of these.
- developing and implementing effective quality assurance systems for the ePEP process, and ensuring effective management of the overall process, including contributing to the development and use of the ePEP system.
- drafting/monitoring and submitting (to Virtual School Head) any funding requests to support learning needs within this cohort eg for 1:1 tuition to support November GCSE retakes;
- monitoring the impact of PP+ against previous and current ePEP targets and producing regular reports from the Welfare Call Extranet site.
- liaising with & providing training to social care colleagues (social workers and Personal Advisors) to ensure we have a shared understanding of the needs of the young people concerned, and to ensure consistent, and co-ordinated work-streams.
- liaising with NEET/YOT mentors, who can offer additional support for this cohort, including planning and attendance at monthly NEET panels for post 16.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer. To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Deanna Clarke on 020 8514 9152 or Email DeannaC@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available