Building Control Surveyor – Brent Council – Permanent
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Building Control Surveyor to work within Brent Council on a Permanent Basis.
Salary is Up To £35,724 per annum
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide first line technical advice in respect of Building Control matters. Act as a technical point of contact for the service on allocated projects commensurate with their knowledge and experience in association with Senior Building Control Surveyors / Team Managers.
- Provide pre-application advice, review, monitor and determine proposals together with on-site inspection and enforcement of building works and, as appropriate, certification of works on completion as compliant with relevant legislation.
- Assist and work under supervision of Principal / Senior Building Control Surveyors and Manager(s) to support the team in organisational, technical and administrative areas of work including provision of guidance / technical advice to all users of the service in relation to Building Control matters.
- Promote the Council, Department and the Building Control service to clients and customers including contractors, agents and residents at all times. Understand and be able to operate in a context of competition with the private sector for the provision of services to secure work for the Council and maximise income. Safeguard the interests of the Council at all times.
- Educated to BTEC Higher National or Building Engineering, Building Surveying or other (relevant) construction related degree together with relevant Building Control or similar construction related experience.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176