Building Services Engineer – Redbridge
Salary: Up to £23-25ph
Duties include but are not limited:
- You will ideally have come from either a mechanical or electrical maintenance background and will be familiar with HVAC systems.
- Reporting directly to the Property Maintenance Manager, the post holder will play a prominent role in the provision of hard FM services across the Council’s property portfolio with a particular focus on the operational estate and any third party’s properties who have purchased a service from the Council.
- To ensure a safe, secure and efficient working environment which represents good value for money
- Key area of focus, project management & contract management of commercial electrical, mechanical and building services, handling projects from inception to completion, ensuring all deadlines are met along with monitoring contractor’s weekly KPI reports, responsible for signing off on contract works and ensuring they meet building regulations & standards.
- The post holder will support the specification, procurement and management of all commercial building, mechanical and electrical engineering services (with a particular focus on building services disciplines) required to maintain and operate the Council’s estate as well as advising on the same areas in respect of capital programmes.
- The performance of the team as a whole is measured against KPIs and SLAs, which will be the post holder’s objective to meet and achieve.
- In addition, the post holder will deal with any complaints/FoIs/Members enquiries pertinent with their service area.
- Responsible for the financial management of service contracts and interfacing with the Capital Team to ensure a cohesive partnership is achieved for projects/programmes.
- Demonstrate experience in maintenance and repair of a wide and varied range on mechanical systems and delivering similar services.
- Direct experience in the specification, procurement and management of service and maintenance contracts with evidenced ability to successfully challenge unacceptable performance
- Detailed, practical knowledge of facilities management related regulations and statutory requirements in respect of health and safety and compliance etc
- Direct experience of developing, delivering and monitoring schedules of planned, preventative, cyclical and capital works across a similar estate
- Ability to maintain financial information, ensuring financial compliance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Computer literate and able to use all MS Office and relevant specialist software packages
- Experience of working within local government
- Experience/ knowledge of IT systems including TF Cloud (CAFGEN) and auto cad
- Good quality degree or equivalent in relevant subject i,e City & Guilds/NVQ in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Plumbing
- Membership of relevant professional body in a relevant area
- Project Management Qualification, i.e. PRINCE2
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4 Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Jordan Mascall on 0208 514 9145 or JordanM@4recruitmentservices.com