Business Support Officer – Norfolk County - Long Stratton
Salary: £9.73ph – PAYE £11.23ph – Umbrella
1 x Part time/to 31 March (may be longer, depending on staff member return to work) 1 x Full time to 20 March
To support the Locality Business Manager and teams in delivering the operational support to Children’s Services, to meet business needs and priorities To ensure the support is provided efficiently, effectively and flexibly with high standards of customer care to allow operational staff to have more time to deliver direct work with families.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Provide a range of operational support services which could include some/all of the following:
- Maintain records and efficient filing systems, ensuring that confidential and sensitive information and personal records are held in a secure environment and in accordance with the departmental filing, Information Management and Data Protection procedures.
- Raise invoices and ensure that charges to the department are recorded and banked appropriately.
- Undertake the monthly reconciliation of accounts and process journals as required.
- Assist Responsible Budget Officers (RBOs) in monitoring and checking budgetary records and maintaining client spend data where necessary.
- Create/process Expenditure Request Forms (ERFs), raising orders for specified goods/services, utilising the I-Procurement system, corporate purchasing cards or petty cash (Imprest Account) where appropriate.
- Make travel and accommodation booking arrangements and issue bus passes/travel warrants as requested.
- Receipt goods/services and process invoices to ensure timely payment. Check supplier invoices and claims, make amendments as required and prepare for authorisation and payment.
- Operate petty cash (Imprest Account) and other accounts ensuring the correct maintenance and control of these systems with accurate record keeping, paying particular attention to the detail.
- Populate and maintain spreadsheets, databases & websites validating data to ensure accuracy. Monitoring data and producing reports, statistics and other management information as required.
- Complete the processing of documents required to deliver and maintain statutory and non-statutory processes, e.g. DBS checks.
- Prepare initial drafts of letters / and complete standard letter templates.
- Maintain procedural documentation required for statutory functions.
- Arrange, attend and minute meetings, compiling agendas and undertaking associated administrative work and follow up action.
- Administer the planning & organisation of events, activities & training courses.
- Act as the first point of contact for enquiries, undertaking day to day communication with the public, colleagues elsewhere in the Council, clients and other agencies.
- Assist on issues relating to the management of the building including providing support in receiving visitors, telephone calls and emails.
- Open and distribute incoming post and process the outgoing post according to policy and procedures.
- Be responsible for safe working practices of self and assist the Locality Business manager as required in maintaining a safe working environment in accordance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Comply with best practice, departmental policies and procedures so that duties and tasks undertaken are efficient and effective
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176.