Cabinet Support Officer - Hackney
|Job Title:||Cabinet Support Officer - Hackney|
|Salary:||£21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Cabinet Support Officer – Hackney (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £21.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To work as part of the Mayor & Cabinet Office providing a comprehensive, coordinated and efficient support service to the Council’s senior leadership, enabling the Mayor and Cabinet to deliver their strategic objectives.
- Manage the Cabinet member diaries including arranging meetings, preparing and dispatching agendas, minutes and other documents as necessary, ensuring that the Cabinet member’s time is utilised efficiently and they are fully briefed and prepared for each meeting and for the week ahead.
- Attending high level meetings and taking accurate, well written notes and ensuring that actions are followed up as necessary.
- Co-ordinating and quality assuring briefings for external meetings and other matters relevant to Cabinet portfolios; also to draft briefing notes both at the Deputy Mayors’ and Cabinet Members’ request and as a result of identifying forthcoming issues.
- Providing a facilitation role between the Mayor, Deputy Mayors, and Cabinet Members, the Council and outside partners to ensure the effective delivery of policy development and decision making, providing advice and steers as needed.
- To ensure that the Deputy Mayors and Cabinet Members are briefed fully and within appropriate timescales on all significant matters that arise from the flow of correspondence and papers into the Mayor and Cabinet Office; to include reading prepared briefings, and summarising relevant information for the Mayor and Cabinet, identifying and highlighting any potential issues.
- To brief the Deputy Mayors and Cabinet Members on policy and operational priorities and ensure that matters are progressed.
- Booking rooms, making travel arrangements, organising tele/videoconferences and arranging refreshments as required.
- To provide a professional service in receiving visitors as a first point of contact and representative of the Mayor.
- To provide a reliable, quick and accurate service for the assigned Cabinet members in word processing, using spreadsheets or preparing presentations using IT packages such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Suggesting new ways of doing things and taking a proactive approach to understanding, and getting involved with, the wider strategic objectives of the Cabinet members and their portfolios.
- Support the Mayor & Cabinet Support Manager in developing a joined-up Mayor & Cabinet support service, ensuring that forward planning, resource management and prioritisation is undertaken in a holistic and aligned manner.
- Dealing professionally, politely and confidentially with enquiries from staff, elected politicians, members of the public and external organisations. Interpret requests for information and solve routine problems. This will include email, telephone and face to face contact.
- Managing correspondence on behalf of the Cabinet members - receiving, recording, drafting responses and flagging up any urgent matters and redirecting to third parties as appropriate or as directed. Handle confidential correspondence sensitively and professionally.
- Establishing and maintaining effective systems for electronic filing and information retrieval including brought forward files, day folders and requesting and collating briefings as required; keeping accurate and complete records using the databases, including data entry and producing reports in agreed formats (spreadsheets/ tables/ charts).
- To lead on discrete projects / research work as directed, which may be of a complex/sensitive nature; to include organising events, producing presentations, research and monitoring activities to ensure the activity is delivered on time.
- Keeping an up to date support manual to ensure consistent and continuous support to Cabinet members and enabling flexible working between members of the Mayor & Cabinet Support Team.
- To contribute towards ongoing service improvement within the team.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Share this Job
Subsidy Officer - Hackney
Salary: £25.53 - 25.53 per hour
Business Support Officer
Salary: £11.11 - 11.11 per hour
Management Support Officer - Wakefield
Salary: Market related
Management Support Officer - Yorkshire
Salary: £12.70 - 12.70 per hour
Legal Officer - Bury
Salary: £25 per hour