To maintain continuity of care and support to Residents within the Village, and other service users within the local community, to ensure efficiency and reliability of all visits to service users, plus maximising the care income and working to model hours. To provide administration services to enable the Care Manager and Care Supervisors/Team Leaders to deliver a high-quality service.
The Care Co-ordinator is responsible for:
- Administering the recruitment of staff team in accordance with ExtraCare's recruitment policy, ensuring all applicant paperwork is processed in line with ExtraCare and Statutory requirements, and is signed where appropriate.
- Checking of all ID documents against application paperwork, rights to work in the UK/Work Permit/Visa/Home Office documents including Nurses PIN Number where applicable. All Files up to date. Ensuring all Basic care Monitoring Forms are filed.
- Arrange the induction for new starters and rota the buddy identified by the Care Supervisor/ Team Leaders and ensure the Care Supervisors/ Team Leaders are aware of their responsibilities for induction and ongoing training and developm
- Maintaining a matrix of one to one supervision meetings.
- Processing of all new business referrals, making visit appointments for the Manager, Head of Care/ Care Manager or Care Supervisor where referrals are received.
- Assigning PSA/ RSW to Residents and other service users in the local community on a permanent basis, if applicable.
- Preparing staff rotas to match staffing to contracted service provision.
- Maintaining all visit schedules to ensure all service user's calls are accommodated as per their up to date care plan and with the relevant resources.
- Covering the rota to take account of all absences including sickness, holidays, training and TOIL.
- Monitoring absence and ensuring all back to work paperwork is completed by the Care Supervisor/Team Leader. Alerting the Care Manager/ Head of Care of any periods of absence that trigger the sickness and absence procedure. Monitoring holiday and other leave approval to prevent clashes/ understaffing.
- Manning the office and deal with all enquiries ensuring they are directed promptly and appropriately to the right person.
- Maintaining a visual matrix to ensure that all care plans, risk assessments, reviews, medication audits and other audits are all up to date, and alerting the Care Manager/ Head Of Care of any missed deadlines in order that these can be actioned.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of CQC fundamental standards, safeguarding and service levels to support the Manager, Head of Care or Care Manager in the event of an inspection.
- Monitor the in-house IT system for missed calls and inform the Care Supervisor/ Team Leader to take appropriate action.
- Administrating the STA for all Village staff and resolving any subsequent pay queries.
- Ensuring all paperwork is complete for resident discharges and hospital discharges and forwarded to the relevant Head Office team in a timely manner.
- Assisting Care Manager/ Head of Care to set up monthly meetings as appropriate for health professionals and other partners.
- You'll be an experienced Senior Carer / Care Supervisor / Team leader or Care Manager, with experience of recruitment, conducting supervisions, rotas and spot checks.
- All staff are required to work Christmas, New Year and Bank holidays as allocated.
- Must be willing and able to travel to other Villages, Schemes or Head Office for the purpose of training, development or for assistance as required.
- Any other tasks, duties or responsibilities that may be required from time to time, and necessary for the effective running of the service.
- Experience and able to demonstrate competence in service user needs assessment, care planning, risk assessment and organising reviews
- This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
- You'll have experience working in a domiciliary care environment.
- You'll need to have NVQ level 3.
On a 37.5 week contract, pensions, gym membership, Cycle2work scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
Please contact Hannah Dakers for more information and a full JD on 0208 514 9132.