Care Worker – Nottingham City
Salary: £15 – Umbrella
Required for AM shifts (7-1 or 8-2) and Care Workers required for PM shifts (5-11)
Access to own vehicle is essential
To provide safe and appropriate personalised care and support to citizens in a way that that maintains their dignity, maximises independence and gives them choice and control over the way their care is provided. This includes writing and maintaining individual person centred care plans and the administration of medication. To work in any area of Adult Social Care, whether in the home, the community or within a Council establishment and to be prepared to work with Citizens with different and varying needs.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Assist and support citizens to exercise choice and control in accordance with their needs, preferences and aspirations.
- Encourage, motivate and support citizens to maintain or regain maximum independence in all aspects of daily living and purposeful activities.
- Develop and coordinate leisure and social activities that promote self esteem, confidence and a purposeful day. This can include one to one or conversations, group activities, supporting citizens with their individual interests, developing or maintaining contact with family, friends and community, accompanying citizens on outings, collection of shopping, pensions etc.
- Undertake introductory visits where required, with citizens their families and carers, to share information about the service.
- Write and maintain up to date individual person centred care plans for citizens.
- Monitor care and welfare and record information accurately and keep it up to date on running records, care plans and other written communication systems.
- Distribute and administer medication and keep accurate records of all medicines dispensed in line with legislation and departmental procedures.
- Undertake personal care tasks in a respectful caring manner, while realising the need for citizens to maintain their dignity. This may include: assisting to get up and go to bed, wash, dress, oral care and grooming, eat, use the toilet and assist with use of commode, emptying etc. and continence management.
- Provide mobility assistance where required. This may mean using a hoist, manual handling equipment, pushing a wheelchair or offering physical assistance when required.
- Work and cooperate with other professionals communicating information and acting on guidance given, to ensure there is continuity of care and treatment for citizens.
- Communicate with citizens and their meaningful others to ensure where possible a shared approach to care and support which supports the best interest of the citizen.
- Undertake environmental health and safety checks, reporting to the Care Team Leader on any relevant issues or significant potential problems in the working environment, including risks from building security or maintenance requirements e.g. safety, hygiene, security standards, policies and procedures. To follow guidelines when using machinery or equipment.
- Occasional domestic duties, as required where working in citizens homes in the community.
- Able to travel on work purposes either by public transport or by their own means and to be available for work including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- To undertake and achieve a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176.