Cemetery Maintenance Operative - Islington
|Job Title:||Cemetery Maintenance Operative - Islington|
|Salary:||£16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Cemetery Maintenance Operative – Islington (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £16.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Carry out safety inspections on memorials using the computer software packages and testing equipment provided by the cemetery and make safe as necessary.
- To carry out all required building and other premises related inspections and general maintenance works in accordance with current procedures and legislation.
- To assist in the maintenance of cemetery grounds as required including clearing paths, gardening, laying paving stones, trench digging, erecting fencing, clearing overgrown areas.
- To assist the Premises and Asset Manager in the efficient and effective management of memorials, buildings and structures within all Cemetery Grounds managed by Islington and Camden Cemetery Services.
- To undertake, depending on location and access, any special clearance work surrounding unsafe memorials and to erect temporary fencing and signs ensuring that areas identified as at risk are clearly visible to the public
- To assist with replacing metal/resin plaque memorials for ash plots and carrying out any other site maintenance duties as required.
- To carry out premises management duties under the direction of the Cemetery Premises and Asset Manager
- To drive and operate a full range of vehicles as required (e.g. dumpers, vans, lorries with trailers).
- To deal politely, tactfully, and sympathetically with members of the public, and funeral directors ensuring appropriate regulations with respect to cemeteries are adhered to and to be aware of that legislation.
- Organise and direct works on all premises maintenance issues on all buildings across three different sites.
- To assist in the organisation, supervision and carrying out of safety inspections on memorials in accordance with the memorial safety programme and make safe as necessary, under the direction of the Cemetery Operations Manager
- Oversee works carried out by external contractors ensuring all necessary documentation has been completed before any work takes place; and liaising on any issues such as access and work schedules especially around funeral services.
- Organise the placing and fixing of other memorials for all sites as required.
- To carry out chapel duties as required.
- To achieve service and personal targets as agreed.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- The post holder is expected to be committed to the Council’s core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way they carry out their duties.
- Ensure all the services within the area(s) of responsibility are provided in accordance with the Council's commitment to high quality service provision to users.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Brokerage Officer - Islington
Salary: £21 per hour
HR Co-ordinators - Islington
Salary: £19 per hour
Teams Assistant - White City
Salary: £18 - 22 per hour
HR Systems and Information Officer - Solihull
Salary: £16.92 - 19.62 per hour
Salary: £12.75 - 13.00 per hour