Children and Family Support Worker
|Job Title:||Children and Family Support Worker|
|Salary:||£9 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Children & Family Support Worker
LOCATION: Denbighshire, North Wales
PLACEMENT: from 16th November 2020, ongoing. 5 days a week.
PAY RATE: from £9 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Children and Family Support Worker at the Cyfle Service, Barnardo's Cymru North Wales Locality of Denbighshire.
The role will be to specifically work with the children and their families to help support with anxiety management and emotional well-being in relation to returning to school following the COVID pandemic. You would be expected to co-ordinate services between schools/children services and CAMHS (if involved) to plan a child and family focused approach to a return to school. The worker will not only support for ‘school readiness’ but will also work in the knowledge that some families referred to us will also need referring to specialist services for loss counselling through death of a loved one, or a family who maybe experiencing financial difficulties as a result of loss of a job etc due to the pandemic. The aim of the role is to strengthen the emotional well-being of a child and family which has been affected as a result of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
The Cyfle Barnardo’s Cymru Family Life Skills Service offer’s multiple interventions and assistance to families with children 0 to 18 to provide a holistic preventative support.
The service engages and supports the families providing direct interventions bespoke to individual needs of the whole family.
The service operates a key worker, team around the family approach. The approaches used by the service will empower families to develop skills through implementing family learning and confidence which enables them to realise their own potential.
This role will be to specifically work with families who have been directly impacted by COVID 19 pandemic. Referrals for the families will be internal from other workers within the service and from our key partner agencies.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To work with children, young people and their families, on a one to one or group basis, using a variety of interventions, to identify needs and to achieve positive outcomes.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers to empower them and to enable them to achieve better outcomes for their children.
- To work co-operatively with children’s services, health agencies and other community based services, to provide the most effective service for children young people and families.
- To contribute to Service development.
- To apply safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Qualification mandatory for practice, where applicable. (NB: In future there is likely to be a requirement for at least NVQ2 for staff assisting and working alongside other staff in work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For staff having sole and direct access to children, young people and vulnerable adults, the requirement will be for NVQ3.)
- Some experience of working directly with children and young people and supporting their emotional well-being.
- Awareness of factors impacting on and issues facing vulnerable children and young people and families (e.g. disadvantage, poverty, disability).
- Awareness of children’s need to feel safe.
- Able to accurately and clearly record case notes deploying the necessary standard of writing and IT skills.
- Current valid DBS
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's