Children & Family Support Worker
|Job Title:||Children & Family Support Worker|
|Salary:||£12 - 16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Children & Family Support Worker
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday, 9:00am– 5:00pm
PAY RATE: PAYE from £12 per hour & Umbrella from £16 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Children & Family Support Workers for our client based in Bolton.
The primary function of this role will be to:
- work across the Start Well service as a member of a multi-agency team delivering a range of high quality interventions.
- achieve positive outcomes through group work and direct work with individual families in a variety of settings.
- work with vulnerable families who may have complex needs
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To work with, identify and assess the needs of children and their families effectively utilising a number of assessment and intervention tools in line with Early Help processes and the Greater Manchester Early Years Delivery Model.
- To act as lead professional when required and to ensure that families who have children with additional needs and disabilities receive effective support to enable them to reach their full potential.
- To work with vulnerable families with complex needs, providing practical support empowering them to develop their parenting skills and increase the quality of family interactions.
- To contribute to protecting children and young people from danger, harm and abuse, assessing and acting upon risk and supporting children that have been abused
- To establish and maintain relationships with parents supporting them through group activities and to deliver a variety of evidence based parenting sessions, in line with Greater Manchester delivery models.
- To observe, assess and enhance the development and behaviour of children, focusing on the principles of school readiness and EYFS
- To prepare clear and concise reports on individual children and families progress as required in collaboration with parents and carers and to occasionally provide written and verbal information to the court system.
- To work in partnership with families in their own home, providing them with practical and personal support to enable them to function more effectively as family unit, negotiating desired outcomes and preparing programmes of activities as part of a family plan, Early Help or Early Support Plan.
- To escort children and families to appointments as appropriate, including accompanying children to school when required.
- · To encourage, support and supervise parents and family members during contact with their children, using the principles of the EYFS to improve the quality of contact for looked after children.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Relevant level 3 qualification e.g. NNEB, NVQ3, BTEC, Early Years, Childcare, Health and Social Care, Youth and Community Studies.
- Experience of working with children and families support services provided by organisations and agencies across the Borough & Experience of supporting families in using services within the community and in maintaining social relationships.
- Ability to implement strategies to protect children and care for children who have been abused, including via the Common Assessment Framework and acting as lead professional.
- Ability to assess children’s developmental levels using the principles of the EYFS and to develop and monitor activities that meet the individual needs of children.
- Ability to develop and implement programmes and activities for children with additional needs, disabilities or behavioural problems and to monitor, evaluate and report on their progress
- Ability to support and monitor children during activities, using positive learning strategies and encouraging participation.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.