Children & Young People's Substance Misuse Worker
|Job Title:||Children & Young People's Substance Misuse Worker|
|Salary:||£9 - 11 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Children & Young People's Substance Misuse Worker
LOCATION: Denbighshire North Wales
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday
PAY RATE: PAYE from £9 per hour & UMBRELLA from £11 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Children & Young People's Substance Misuse Worker to provide services to our client Barnardos who has a site North Wales Locality of Denbighshire. The role will be a combination of working from home and in an office with face-to-face with service users in schools and community.
The Children and Young Person's Substance Misuse Service provides Tier 1 targeted prevention & Tier 2 brief intervention services for children and young people in relation to drug and alcohol use. This post carries a particular emphasis or providing group and 1 to 1 services to children and young people living in the Denbighshire and Conwy local authority area.
You will undertake a range of early help interventions, which meet the needs of children and young people up to the age of 25 years, who are at risk of or actively using substances.
You will do this by assessing the needs of children and young people referred to the service and participating in the planning and evaluating of programmes to meet those needs.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Offering support advice and assistance to children, young people and families referred to the service on a 1:1 and group basis.
- Delivering and facilitating outcome based structured and informal group work interventions to support children and young people to develop the skills they require as outlined in their support plan.
- Delivering evidence based targeted prevention and brief intervention programmes to support children and young people to build upon their skills and confidence to look after their own and families well-being.
- Identifying a range of community based activities that children and young people can access.
- Accessing community resources and work with other professionals and agencies to ensure all resources available to children and young people are utilised.
- Acting as a single point of access for Primary, Secondary schools and Pupil referral Units.
- Sharing in the responsibility of assessing the risks that children and young people pose to themselves and others and develop plans to meet those needs.
- Supporting professionals by coaching, to develop sample drug and alcohol session plans and to increase their awareness on substance misuse.
- Enabling children, young people to identify their goals and achieve change
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Relevant experience of substance use and misuse face to face advice work with children and young people.
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working.
- Knowledge of issues facing children and young people where alcohol/substances are an issue.
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol use/effects and harm reduction advice.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and legislation.
- The ability to speak Welsh, as well as English, is essential for this post.
- DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's