Children's Domestic Violence Worker - Hounslow
|Job Title:||Children's Domestic Violence Worker - Hounslow|
|Salary:||£15.72 - 15.72 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
Parent and Children’s Domestic Violence Worker – Hounslow
Salary: £15.72ph – Umbrella
Part-Time (18 hours)
To provide parenting support to victims of domestic abuse, and one to one support to children and young adults who have or are experiencing the impact of domestic violence. To deliver briefings to schools on Operation Encompass and the holistic support offer as part of the Children Affected by Domestic Abuse (CADA project).
- To work effectively as part of the council’s Community Safety & Business Regulations team, delivering corporate and partnership objectives through the work of the department
- To adhere to the council’s Staff and Customer Charters
- To provide a high-quality service for residents experiencing domestic violence working with other statutory agencies, Councillors and the voluntary sector
- To contribute towards improving service quality and promoting and innovative ways of tackling domestic violence, ensuring services are developed which meet the needs of the community and are accessible to all users
- To take active steps to contribute to the achievement of all of the council’s and Hounslow Community Safety Partnership’s objectives.
- To assist in the conduct of elections when required to do so
- To prioritise and respond to all referrals received in a timely manner
- To manage a caseload of victims, children and young adults affected by domestic violence
- To increase the safety for victims of domestic violence by informing of safety options.
- To develop bespoke support packages to meet the client’s needs
- To undertake safety planning with each client.
- To help and empower clients to develop their own support network.
- To take appropriate actions to safeguard children in line with appropriate protocols.
- To advise on housing options etc and refer and signpost clients to other agencies and services as appropriate e.g. solicitors, housing, benefits, foodbanks etc
- To support clients through the Criminal Justice System.
- To participate in the Multi- Agency Risk Assessment Conference, when/if applicable, by referral and identification of appropriate clients, preparation for, attendance and completion of actions agreed at the meetings
- To work with the Let’s Talk co-ordinator in carrying out referrals and assessments (often at clients home address) for the Let’s Talk programme
- To make appropriate referrals to children’s and adult’s social care and provide consultation, advice and support to staff in the service working with families affected by domestic violence.
- To work in partnership with various agencies throughout the borough
- To deliver domestic violence training and briefings to professionals
- To maintain up to date case notes and produce monthly reports
- To be able to work flexible hours and from various locations throughout the borough when necessary
- To undertake any other duties which are in commensurate with this grade
- To carry out full assessments on each client and offer bespoke safety plans with each client.
- To successfully adhere to timescales relating to managing referrals and the caseload of victims of domestic abuse, children and young adults.
- To support the delivery of Hounslow’s CADA project
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's