Clerk Democratic Service - Bolton
|Job Title:||Clerk Democratic Service - Bolton|
|Salary:||£12.92 - 12.92 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
Clerk Democratic Service – Bolton
Salary: £ 12.92 Per Hour
Full Time (37 hours per week)
To provide an independent source of advice to Appeals Panels and to record the proceedings and decision.
- To ensure that appeals by parents are heard fairly and impartially and that the rules of natural justice are followed.
- Ensuring that all information is managed as appropriate with due regard for confidentiality and sensitivity.
- To provide an independent source of advice on procedure to Appeals Panels
- To ensure the Panels comply with their statutory duty in accordance with the relevant law, statues and Code of Practice.
- To ensure the independence of appeal panels and to ensure that all appeals are conducted in a fair and transparent way
- To ensure that all panel members have received any training necessary to enable them to fulfil their role.
- To make the necessary administrative arrangements for hearings and to notify the parties of the order of proceedings in advance of the hearing and to respond to queries from appellants in advance of the hearing.
- To review all documentation relating to individual appeals and ensure the information is relevant and applicable to the case.
- To be an independent source of advice on law
- Ensure an accurate record is taken of the points raised at the hearing, including the proceedings, attendance, voting and reasons for decisions.
- To provide the Service User a detailed decision letter on conclusion of the hearing and prepare a separate schedule of decisions to the appropriate body.
- To manage and advise Democratic Services officers of all significant matters relating to potential issues for the council.
- To ensure effective communication with Panel Members, Service Users, establishments and partner organisations.
- To prepare and provide all relevant documentation to the Local Government Ombudsman where cases are being investigated.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens 0208 514 9148
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's