Commissioning Manager - Education & SEND
|Job Title:||Commissioning Manager - Education & SEND|
|Salary:||£350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Commissioning Manager – Education & SEND
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
PAY RATE: from £350.00 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Commissioning Manager in Education & SEND to provide services to our client based in Reading, Berkshire.
This postholder will lead on the day to day implementation and delivery of commissioning programmes, plans and strategies across a wide-ranging portfolio which includes: alternative provision; SEND placements; Early Years; school transport; SEND Placements; mainstream provision and additionally resourced provision; virtual school and ensure compliance with the Children and Families Act 2014 (part 3).
Through effective commissioning and contract management this postholder will play a vital part in enabling the company to achieve better outcomes for children and savings the company needs to achieve.
The role involves the post holder to cover: Planning & Organisation/ Procurement/ Market and Contract Management/ Information Management & Research Development/ Financial/ Team Management/ Collaboration/Organisational.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To lead on monitoring of the highest risk contracts within Education including SEND, ensuring a strong understanding of the risks, a clear strategy and ability to intervene or escalate at short notice.
- To consistently lead on key negotiations with high risk contracts, including price, contract terms and quality.
- To contribute to the development of commissioning strategies, plans as well as the SEND commissioning strategy and plan.
- To lead on the implementation of commissioning strategies objectives in relation to Education and SEND agenda, with Education teams, Clinical Commissioning Group and Adult social care in line with the commissioning strategy
- To lead on procurements, taking responsibility for ensuring timelines are clear, documents are compliant and of a high quality focused on outcomes and engagement and consultations are well planned.
- Provide strategic market intelligence and understanding in relation to the contract, including assessing market developments related to service delivery models and/or prevailing market conditions
- To ensure all Education and SEND services commissioned are effectively and consistently reviewed and monitored from a cost and quality perspective.
- To contribute to the contract management to ensure effective performance and delivery against agreed outcomes, targets and priorities of all out of borough and independent contracts that are commissioned ensuring responsibilities are discharged appropriately and that there is evidence of positive outcomes for children and young people placed in this provision.
- To plan, develop and evaluate methods and processes for gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting data and information.
- To collate as required, qualitative and quantitative information and lead appropriate analysis to develop robust business cases and contribute to commissioning projects
- To provide and maintain an overview of 0-25 SEND commissioning service performance and development needs
- To support Strategic Commissioner, Heads of Service and Service Managers in Brighter Futures for Children in the management of commissioned service budgets relevant to the Team, including helping to forecast spend, analyse the financial impact of market or policy changes and identify savings.
- To provide effective line management staff, which will include recruitment, training and development, supervision and appraisal.
- To maintain and develop effective working and strategic relationships with operational service managers and key stakeholders in relation to work portfolio
- To attend regular planning meetings run by relevant services to provide advice and guidance on Education and SEND commissioning issues that builds positive relationships.
- To contribute to resolving any complaints or challenges to procurements alongside the Strategic Commissioner and Head of Commissioning, Contracts and Procurement.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- A qualification at degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Qualification or registration with relevant professional body as appropriate.
- Commissioning qualification/Management qualification would be desirable
- Demonstrable success in managing and implementing significant change within a large organisation producing positive outcomes for children, young people and their families
- Experience of commissioning of public sector health or social care services in relation to children, family or adult provision
- Substantial knowledge and experience of national level alternative provision policy and statutory duties, SEND and equality issues and service provision for SEND and children with disabilities and their families.
- Knowledge of key elements of the commissioning and procurement cycle
- Understanding of service standards relevant to children’s services
- Experience of strategy development and service redesign through all stages of the project lifecycle (development of needs analysis, vision, business case, options development and implementation, performance monitoring)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use management information to inform strategic planning and determine service direction, effective targeting or resources and responsive action to need
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available