Commissioning Manager (Head of Joint Commissioning for Children & Young People) | Southwark Council
3 Month Temp Contract – Monday to Friday – 36 hours
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Commissioning Manager for the Local & National Health/Social Care and Educational Department in Southwark Council.
The Head of Joint Commissioning for Children and Young People will have responsibility for the strategic leadership of joint commissioning arrangements for services of children and young people.
- The development of joint commissioning approaches for the health and social care of children and young people - maternity services, early years, emotional well-being, mental health and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Take a population-based approach to commissioning, focused on health and social care outcomes for children and young people in the local area working with and through local care networks.
- Lead a transformation of children's commissioning for the Organisation that will improve health and social care outcomes for children and young people in the area, instead of focusing on maintaining current service arrangements.
- Create a much stronger emphasis on prevention and targeted early action as well as deeper integration across health and social care, and wider organisation's services.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of commissioning officers, manage delegated budgets and other resources.
- Work closely with public health, social care and health leads both locally and regionally to shape the planning and delivery if commissioning priorities for children and young people.
- Ensure contractual terms and arrangements are appropriate to lever change and embed delivery.
- Work with procurement leads to tender and procure relevant services to ensure appropriate levels of market testing and transformation of services.
- Provide advice to elected members, senior officers across health and social care and other stakeholders as appropriate on matters related to this post.
- Write and present complex reports in a range of formal settings as required and commensurate with this post.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of children & young people - social care, health and education
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of procurement of contracts/Commissioning
- Effective Communicator
- Report writing
- Relevant Experience/Degree of Management Qualification
Salary is £300 - £450 per day.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Heddle on 0208 911 1083.