|Job Title:||Commissioning Officer|
|Salary:||£240 - 300 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Commissioning Officer
LOCATION: Southwark, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £240 per day & Umbrella from £300 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Commissioning Officer to work within the Drug and Alcohol Action Team at Southwark Council. The team has delegated responsibility from the Director of Public Health for the commissioning and coordination of drug and alcohol treatment services to meet the needs of children, young people and adults resident in the borough.In addition to substance misuse commissioning responsibilities, the post holder may have to deliver wider community safety commissioning projects, including Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG) / domestic abuse as part of an holistic approach to commissioning across the business unit.
The client has confirmed that any submitted candidates must have commissioning experience with knowledge of Public Health substance misuse services. Expertise in analysing data and producing performance reports.
Purpose of the role:
- To work jointly with lead commissioners, service managers, subject specialists and stakeholders across the service and its partners to assess current commissioning arrangements for specific areas of service provision (Public Health funded drug and alcohol treatment services), develop, and deliver an appropriate commissioning programme for the specified services.
- To manage projects relating to the development, improvement and specification of services, working closely with lead commissioners and other officers and liaising as required with finance, legal and procurement officers to ensure compliance with the Council’s contract and finance standing orders and its interface with partners’ commissioning and procurement requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To take lead on specific projects that help shape and influence the provider market to deliver departmental priorities, including leading on the development of market management and development strategies.
- To maintain an overview of service performance and contract compliance through liaison with quality, performance and contract monitoring colleagues to ensure that information and intelligence is used strategically and directly informs commissioning strategies and actions to secure improved service user outcomes.
- To lead on the deployment of the most appropriate procurement vehicle to deliver high quality, value for money services, working closely with procurement, finance and legal colleagues to ensure compliance with the Council’s finance and contract standing orders at all times.
- To lead on and manage strategic service reviews, working closely with providers, service managers, service users and other key stakeholders to plan and deliver effective change management programmes.
- To provide expert advice and support to managers across the department on the consistent and robust application of the Council’s procurement procedures.
- To develop service specifications for new or re-commissioned services in order that they support the delivery of strategic priorities and planning decisions
- To produce reports, briefing papers and other documentation for DCRB, senior managers, Partnership Boards and Cabinet Members with regard to specific service areas as required.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Degree or equivalent recent and relevant experience at an equivalent level.
- Relevant professional qualification in Commissioning and/or Procurement, or recent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation, statutory duties, responsibilities, and best practice in commissioning Public Health funded drug and alcohol treatment services.
- Understanding of the principles and best practice in the commissioning and monitoring of Public Health funded drug and alcohol treatment services for children, young people and adults.
- Successful experience of working across organisational boundaries to deliver change and improved outcomes for children, young people and adults.
- Proven experience of successful commissioning to improve outcomes for children, young people and adults.
- Experience of effectively managing large work programmes that have involved managing change and introducing and developing new strategies and shaping and developing provider markets.
- Successful experience of analysing and interpreting complex data to inform the development of commissioning priorities and strategic delivery plans.
- Able to analyse financial and performance reports to inform the selection of appropriate commissioning and procurement options.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.