Communications Officer - Woolwich
|Job Title:||Communications Officer - Woolwich|
|Salary:||£25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Communications Officer – Woolwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £25.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To develop, manage and evaluate communications and engagement campaigns on Council
- services across a range of channels and media, as part of a multidisciplinary team. To manage the
- reputation of the Council through effective media relations, social media and stakeholder
- Manages up to 0 directly managed staff.
- Manages up to 5 indirectly managed consultancy/contracting staff.
- To develop internal and external communications and engagement plans, campaigns and marketing activities across different media for Council services in accordance with the Council’s priorities.
- To develop, write, edit and review content for the Council’s communication channels including websites, printed publications, speeches, press releases and social media accounts, ensuring that it is of a high quality, meets corporate standards, is suitable for the target audience, accessible, and useful.
- To liaise with and establish a good rapport with local, national and specialist media, deal with media enquiries, and prepare press releases and statements to represent the Council’s position within agreed deadlines. To ensure that media calls and responses are logged appropriately on the Council’s systems.
- To ensure a pro-active approach to communications through a positive use of forward planning and meetings with councillors and officers, including cabinet members and senior officers/Directors.
- To take an active role in the development of the Council’s social media activities to ensure that the content of the Council’s social media profiles is closely monitored and kept up to date. To use social media to engage with residents and help protect the Council’s reputation.
- To contribute to the delivery of the Council’s corporate web development projects, enabling delivery of online solutions to deliver services efficiently in line with Cabinet priorities.
- To manage consultation and engagement projects in line with the council’s priorities including: - carrying out desk research where appropriate - designing consultations using an appropriate mix of consultation methods - write reports on the outcome of engagement and consultation projects - feed back to consultees, stakeholders, senior managers, councillors and partners
- To advise council departments on engagement activity to ensure that it is carried out to a standard that will preserve the Council’s reputation and ensure the consultation or engagement is successful.
- To work with designers and contractors to successfully deliver the council’s communications, publications and digital services, overseeing the quality of work.
- To provide advice to senior officers, councillors, council departments and contractors and to work with them on a range of communications issues, including providing media training where required and guidance on dealing with the media and conducting interviews. To provide a daily wash up listing all communication issues from each day to keep senior officers and cabinet members informed.
- To, when required, represent the Communications and Engagement Team and/or the council at public-facing meetings and at meetings with partners and stakeholders. To speak in public and deliver presentations as required.
- To develop and implement public affairs campaigns when required, to lead on devising specific campaigns, and to develop strategies and campaigns that enable the Council to reach and influence key relevant decision makers. To assist in drafting and proof reading of key policy documents.
- To assist with media-related Freedom of Information Requests in line with council processes.
- To maintain a detailed knowledge of the issues affecting local government and the key corporate priorities of the Council.
- To be part of a 24/7 communications and digital content team including being on an out-ofhours rota.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Revenues Officer - Walthamstow
Salary: £20 per hour
Support Officer - Hackney
Salary: £19 per hour
Technical Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £21 per hour
Income Officer - Lambeth
Salary: £22 per hour
Housing Officer - Kirklees
Salary: £14.63 - 14.63 per hour